Hallux Valgus/Bunionectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all, I had my bunion removal two weeks ago. I had my bone broken and re-set straight, with the aid of 3 screws and a plate, the bone shaved, legiments between the first and second toe shortened and another screw into the big toe bone to keep it straight.

Everything was great until a couple days ago when I started getting severe burning/pulling/chaffing feeling right on my stitches along the side of my foot. It is so irritating and painful, I'm concerned the constant irritation is going to result in a infection of my stitches >.< i have never had stitches before so i don't know if this is to be expected or what...

has anyone else experienced this before and know if its normal?

any help would be appreciated, i called the orthopedic clinic at the hospital, but of course they are taking their sweet ass time returning my call =|

i="" have="" never="" had="" stitches="" before="" so="" i="" don't="" know="" if="" this="" is="" to="" be="" expected="" or="" what...="" has="" anyone="" else="" experienced="" this="" before="" and="" know="" if="" its="" normal?="" any="" help="" would="" be="" appreciated,="" i="" called="" the="" orthopedic="" clinic="" at="" the="" hospital,="" but="" of="" course="" they="" are="" taking="" their="" sweet="" ass="" time="" returning="" my="" call="|">

has anyone else experienced this before and know if its normal?

any help would be appreciated, i called the orthopedic clinic at the hospital, but of course they are taking their sweet ass time returning my call =|

>

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I experienced a variety of stinging, burning, throbbing sensations in various parts if my foot all through the healing process. Today is almost 5 weeks and the area where they shaved the bone, as well as the incision just above the place where the put the foot stabilizing screws is burning a bit . Unless you have a fever or severe (8 or more out of ten) you might try taking a pain killer and see how you feel in 4-6 hours.  ( assuming no bleeding, nausea, or blood in the urine, or some similar sign that you need ER treatment)
  • Posted

That being said, pain sucks. I made my doctor remove the cast and used a surgical boot after day 7 which has been much more comfortable.
  • Posted

I am just over 2 weeks of a Lapidus Procedure, 3 huge incisions , just got the stitches out.  I have a full cast on and I have the same pain as you describe as well.  The doctor said my stitches look good, with no infection.  Sure hurts!
  • Posted

Just based on my personal experience with a Lacpidus - rigid casts are not our friend.
  • Posted

wow, thats aweful, i had my surgery last wed, im 6 days in, i stopped oxy on 3rd day and took advil which worked well, im going for my first dr appt thurs, my foot only hurts if i stand too long, do most people get hard cast put on? im using a boot right now
  • Posted

Hey! I don't know if you'll even see this since its been a year that you got the surgery. I just wanted to ask you if it came back? Do you recommend getting the surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.