Lower abdomen growth

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am a 30 year old male. I really have no major diagnosed medical problems. Here is my issue : I have always been extremely thin. It runs in my family, so it is normal. About 2.5 years ago, I started to notice that for no apparent reason, the lower right part of my abdomen seemed to be enlarged. No pain, no redness, and really no discomfort; barely even a "mass".....just larger than it was before and larger than the left definitely. I had gone to the doctor, had an ultrasound done of the stomach down to the abdomen, and nothing was found. Blood tests were pretty normal. Now after 2.5 years, the right side has gotten even larger (though not huge and not noticeable from a distance, but definitely noticeable up close), one with some discomfort (still no pain), and slight tenderness if pressed on. I can feel slight pressure in that area and it just feels like something is there almost like if someone taped a little marble to my skin. What it also feels like now; is as if there is a slight fluttering movement somewhere between my inner upper thigh, into the groin area and into that enlarged area in the lower right abdomen. It could even be pressure near or under the testicles. It is really tough to pinpoint where exactly this pressure and discomfort is coming from! Still nothing painful, but just a weird feeling like a pulsing vibration every so often. Also worth noting is that on the right side, when I tap on it, it sounds hollow and like a bongo, while the left normal side just feels like any other area of the body when tapper on. One more thing is that while this has occurred, I have grown a belly which feels somewhat hard (this is strange because I have never ever had a belly in my life and being so skinny, it sometimes was as if my belly was caving in even!)

Any ideas ?????

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up