Excessive sweating from the head

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had excessive sweating from the head, neck and back for some years now. It tends to happen when i am doing absolutely nothing physical, more so in a crowded situation or when i get anxious so i tend to avoid those situations but it is now affecting every aspect of my life, work and social. I was reading something about the anti depressant venlafaxin which i have been on for some years now and that it can cause this sweating. Anyone else been on this drug and experienced this? or any thoughts on my next course of action?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Well the consultant i saw for excess sweating said venlafaxin was used to help stop sweating?!

I was given a prescription but after reading the side effects (mainly excess sweating) i gave it a miss. Still dont understand why he prescribed it when it obviously causes increased sweating?! :O

Sorry i couldnt help but i do understand where you're coming from!!

Elaine.

• Posted

Hi Elaine:  Read your post.  I am also very interested in the link to the sprays that may help with excessive sweating.  I am on Venlafaxine and my pharmacist said there is very, very little sweating.... But I may the exception to the rule.  I too, will ask to be removed from this med.
  • Posted

I found the hyperhydrosis website useful. There is a link to some sprays you can try to control the sweating. I bought a spray and it has helped.

Private message me for more details as i am unable to post the web address on here.

Elaine.

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for your message. Can you send me the link to that website please. Had another day today where the sweating occured and have been to see my GP about coming off the venlafaxin.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi,

I've sent you a private message.  Hope you find it useful.

Elaine.

• Posted

Hi Darren try Otaban spray put on clean skin at night let it dry an shower in the morning works for most of the day but still not a cure try it and let me know how you go.

Alex

• Posted

I suffer from exact same affegcted areas and its getting noticably worse each year..i never go out or see friends and my social life is none existent.Over the years (started at 16yrs now a very isolated,lonely & depressed 42yr old) i'm diagnosed Agoraphobic due to this condition now i've been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and i was due to have botox in my back so now after a lifetime of trying to find a treatment that works the Plastic Surgeon has refused to treat me cos of my M.S no other reason or treatment was offered despite getting the go ahead for it to be done on N.H.S..jus sent home with no reason and to get worse (which i doubt is possible) i only eat/drink cold foods..yoghurts,cereal,sandwiches,salad & crisps,drink squash or flavoured water anything else i literally drip sweat from my face/head onto it..i'm also not able to talk on the phone as all i hear is squelching from sweat thats running down my ear ..why wont they treat me? Is this not discrimination? Please somebody ANY help/advice would be very much appreciated.. Thanks,Lorraine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.