lowered dose when will i feel benifits?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was on 75mcg and doc said it was to high so iI'm now on my 4th day of 50mcg how long until i feel the effects because I'm still feeling really dizzy and quite spacey I'm also just been put on iron tablets aswel so maybe that has something to do without aswel, I'm really anxious and struggling with how I feel sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello-In my experience, the first four days of change in a medcation are the worst. Hwever, I also feel like things start to settle after about three weeks. The blood work settles down after about three months.

If you have been feeling really bad and dizzy since you first started taking  this medication and you're still feelng bad with lowering the dose, you can try nd wait the three weeks and see if it calms down.  If it's absolutely horrible, you can consider that you are not tolerating this particular medication well and may need to switch to a different one.

Hope that helps. 

• Posted

I keep getting really bad chills too and can't warm up, so tired n feel out of sync I was tempted to ring docs but they will prob say I aint gave them enough time x
    • Posted

Yes, the doctor will say that. You have to judge for yourself, whether that is the case or not. I had a doctor that said that after cutting my dose by 80%. it took a year and a half to fix it and I watched my life go down the drain during that time. It was horrible. I learned to look at my own test results and was able to track them enough to figure out what worked best for me. Unfortunately, most doctors only look at the most recent test results, rather than tracking them over time. They just don't have time in their day.

The freezing and extreme sluggishness, as well as brain fog are symptoms of low thyroid. Were you freesing before starting the thyroid meds? Were you freezing at the 75mcg? When did the freezing start? Get your test results and use the bloodwork as a way to track whether the meds are working. Because when the meds work, you will no longer be chilled to the bone!

If you are freezing, exhausted, and you can't think straight, get the bloodwork from the doctor and see what it looks like. For some people, the meds seem to work best when they are in the high end of normal or just above normal levels.

• Posted

The freezing started after lowering the dose but I had all the head sensations while in 75mcg and anxiety that's why I'm wondering if it could be the iron medication, I feel in a right old muddle
    • Posted

Well I rang the doctor and told her how I'm feeling and she says it must be a virus as the iron tablets wouldn't make me feel that way and the thyroxine won't of made much impact yet and to continue, I just feel anxious and fobbed off I know I don't have a virus sad
    • Posted

Yes. You need to get your test results so that you can see

1) what was tested

2) what levels the verious thryoid numbers were at.

If you're sure you don't have a virus, and that's all you got from the doctor, I would find another doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.