Benzodiazopines

Posted , 5 users are following.

For anyone who is withdrawing from benzodiazopines I would like to recommend that you do research into any drug labelled under this banner. The withdrawing must be very gradual and you must be aware that you may get bad feelings at the end of the withdrawl. I am setting up this discussion as I have read some alarming notes about these medications and it worries me that people are taking these illegally and not looking into the effects of taking them and the side effects of withdrawl. Benzodiazopines can also be the cause of other problems so research should be done, may be from Wikipedia and the drug manufacturers. These drugs are not all recommended for long term use, zopiclone is only recommended for 4 weeks by the drug company and has been re regulated and licensedto a higher standing over the last few months. Please be careful. Do not exceed the recommended dose and do not buy of a friend or under the counter in any way. You will think I am ranting on but I have been through it and do know what I am talking about. I have not used technical terms and such jargon as it is easier to take in with everyday language.

5 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Angela

Allow me to lend my voice to your appeal, which is quite correct and very pertinent.

Of the 'family', Diazepam is the drug of choice for the illegal activity you refer to. Although it is a fully licenced POM and has been for several decades, it's use has far exceeded its purpose.

There is currently a market for these as a recreational drug, and I think the going rate is about £1.00 per tablet depending on which of the three different strengths you have.

At my clinic, they have introduced random requests requiring patients on repeat prescriptions to sign a waiver declaring that they understand the meds are for their own personal use under medical supervision. This puts a greater responsibility on the patient not to hand out the odd tablet just so a mate can get high for a few hours.

Many people have, with help, been able to come of 'Benzos' successfully, but it isn't a pleasant experience. Others sadly are so completely dependent and addicted, it is unlikely they will ever get off them.

What was created as a benign drug to help with short term anxiety, has developed into an epidemic of addicts. The whole situation is desperately sad and I hope anyone reading your post will take heed of the warning.

Best wishes.

• Posted

I withdrew from benzos with a doctors supervision every 2 weeks I was on alepam for 30yrs.Worst drug ever.i used diazepam liquid and lastly tablets.I had no withdrawal symptoms.I was so happy for this drug to be on its way out My dr is a saint to calculate dose every 2 weeks.yes Drs I the past knew nothing and if they did never told us
  • Posted

i have been on 5mg diazepam 3 times a day,pregabalin 150mg 2 times a day, naproxen 500mg 2 times a day, omeprazole 20mg 1 a day plus 25mc fentanyl patches change every 72 hours,, i just stopped them all about a week ago i have a job to sleep but nothing else, just in lots of pain from my degenative bones, but i am not a zombie and felt the drugs were starting to affect my organs so stopped am i mad ???????????
  • Posted

Its best to taper on 'benzos' drop 1/2 tablet

Every 5/7 days, this should help with the

Withdrawals.

Zopiclone is a hypnotic not a

Benzodiazepine it has now been classified

As a class C drug, when I started on them

14 years ago I was told they are not

Addictive but have since heard different

(I only take a couple a week) with no

Withdrawals so I'm lucky there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.