Lofepramine and booze

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, I know you're not supposed to drink at all if you take antidepressants, but I'm 22 and that doesn't seem realistic to me - my social life would have to change massively!

Has anyone else noticed that if you have a couple of drinks and then take a bedtime dose, you get the most APPALLING hangovers EVER? Like, vomiting from morning till night. I know this is an obvious sign I shouldn't take it if I'm drinking, so I now take the dose earlier in the day if I intend to have even a couple of drinks.

Could this still be doing me harm? Just want to know what the actual interaction with alcohol is about. Anyone know?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've been taking this tablet on and off for years. I've had hangovers but nothing that I would attribute to the tablets, maybe it was just one to many that night :o)
  • Posted

I agree the hangovers are more than terrible, the worst headache i have ever had, i dont recommend drinking and lofepramine...
  • Posted

I have been on Loefepramine for 12 years and the drug has really helped my mental health. When I drink I take my 2 tablets in the morning before I drink and the following day in the evening after the drink. Don’t have any side effects from drinking with loefepramine. Only side effect I get is increased sweating and sometimes my heart rate can feel a little too fast but that’s most of the time and not linked to the alcohol.  This drug saved my life while I had tried seroxat, certalopram,  eoscetalopram, mirtazapine, venlafaxime until they put me on loefepramin. All those other drugs you couldn’t drink on ever and those other drugs had way more horrific side effects. Especially venlafaxine and seroxat ( sorry for my poor spelling with drug names )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.