Cant cope woth no diognosis :-(

Posted , 2 users are following.

So ill start from the begining and hope people can help me....sorry if its long...but i would appreciate anyones help that they can offer.

I am female 26 years old. I have 4 children.

Since having my first child things have been difficult health wise. I have had lots of undiognosed symptoms and after having blood test after blood test, 24 hr urine samles done (TWICE), heart scan, ECG and 14 day hoilter monitor they said 'i am normal' apart from my vitamin D levels which where very low and i was treated for that but symptoms still persist.

I will say that i have SVT (since i was a child) and i will stress that i dont see how this is linked to my other symptoms as i have had this most of my life and was always fine when im not having episodes.

I have had these symptoms on and off over the course of 2 years ( my daughter is about 2 and a half now and these symptoms started when she was 4 months old)

* excessive sweating when walking/cleaning/excercising after a few minutes of doing tasks.

* Mild to moderate acid reflux (been diognosed with this and was taking omprazole to settle it)

* Increased palpatations and SVT attacks are not more frequent but also have a slow heart rate as its 48 beats per minute as resting pulse)

* Decreased sex drive

* Easily exhausted/tired

* Random rib pain occurs on and off

* Craving sugary foods all the time so i end up eating these a lot

* Twitches in body

*  Flushing of the face and my top half of my body going really hot.

Have you any guys got a clue what could be wrong with me ad having no look from the consultant i was reffered to (general medicine) I had my TSH thyroid hormone tested which was 2.7 and then a few months after it was 1.54

Then i went away friday (uk holiday) and on the saturday my heart did an etopic beat and i felt it and my heart stopped beating for a few seconds and i felt faint and everything and then my heart started beating again but not into a regular rhythm but into an SVT attack instead. I am so scared i could have died. Could my heart really have stopped and what if it didnt start again would i have just died? I cant get over it, Please some reassurance and advice because im going out of my mind with worry. My heart was never this bad and neither were the attacks until the past 2 years :-(

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I meant to say since having my FOURTH child not 1st
  • Posted

Hi Samantha

I take it your taking Cirtralopram?

If so, then a lot of the symptoms could be side effects of the medication.  I also get a strange 'missed heartbeat' ....... gives me a weird sensation, but don't worry, it won't stop beating.

You mention you've had your thyroid tested, but seeing as your Vit D levels are low ask to have your Parathyroid tested.  This is completely different to Thyroid - you have 4 Parathyroid glands that sit behind your Thyroid, and they control calcium levels.  Often a problem with one of them goes undetected, giving you a range of symptoms.  I was found to have a problem a few years ago when I collapsed in dreadful pain, whisked to hospital, discovered a kidney stone, and then they found my Parathyroid was at fault.  I had one removed eventually.

Look it up here or try other searches on Google, but I'd get checked out for it.

http://parathyroid.com/parathyroid-symptoms.htm

• Posted

Thank you 

I am not taking any medication yet it the Doctor will prescribe be some tablets for my heart issues. So I'll start taking that soon. I will look up about the parathyroid as it does make sense and some of my symptoms do match. It's just getting the doctor to consider and test me for it they don't like listening lol 

• Posted

Yes it is hard getting a doctor to listen sometimes.  Often it's only picked up when something else goes wrong as did with me.  A friend of mine also had the same when she was taken in for an appendicitis.  Routine check and they found she had it too and also had it removed.

Parathyroid problems often go unnoticed for years, with the sufferer getting lots of annoying little problems.  It needs checking, though not life threatening it will lead to a lot of problems.

Go and insist you get tested for it biggrin

• Posted

Hi

I just did long reply, but it's not showing yet as I included a link which is waiting to be moderated.  Rather than repeat it, I'll wait to see if my answer appears, and if not re type it aaaargh!

Without including the link this time, look up Parathyroid disease - your Parathyroid glands are different to your Thyroid and sit behind this.  All your symptoms indicate one isn't working, but please don't panic about it, it's not life threatening xx

I had one removed a few years ago after having a kidney stone.  These glands control your calcium levels, and if not working properly can cause all sorts of symptoms.  Often it's not detected either.

Go ask to be checked.  It could be this.

• Posted

Thank you 

I will have a look at the info you have given to me. 

I really want my health back and want to find out what's wrong with me. It's the not knowing that I hate. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.