Adult ribs seem to be shifting

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was diagnosed at 38 with disease. Born with only half vertebra at t-7. Have had severe mid back back and recently seems like my rib cage on left side is protruding forward. Right before this happened I was have some sharp pains on that side when breathing.  Anyone has these things happen?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that I am now almost 49
  • Posted

Hi Tammy,

I'm noy going to lie, I haven't had the exact same situation as you -  I am not even 20! However, I do have a smiliar medical condition in that I have repiratory problems now due to the curve causing my ribs to press on my lungs - in your case, I advise that you see a doctor as soon as possible! Sharp pains are nothing to mess about with, especially when it could concern either your lungs or even your heart!

I'm sorry I couldn't be much more help! Please feel free to contact me if you ever need anything,

Izzie

• Posted

Hi I am 50 and have had a trouble free time with my spinal fusion and Harrington rod until recently. I have a very tender area under a rib and it appears to be protruding forwards on the side my curve is . Has anyone else experienced this ? 
  • Posted

Do you have a rib rotation?!?! I'm suffering terrible x
  • Posted

I have kyphoscoliosis and my ribs shifted to the right and yes it is painful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.