Fibroid Removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Guys, I am 31 years old and have been diagnosed with 8cm and 11 cm Fibroids on the outter side of uterus , i am not married yet and but want to have kids at some point. I don't have any harsh symptoms i feel bit of abdomen pain sometimes , i have taken few opinions but doctors really don't advise if i should get them removed or let them stay. I have been going to Kumar Kunde , has anyone had similar experience i would be grateful if you can share your experience or advise i am really stressed out.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

To me it has helped me, to read different websites, I have been reading the website of the british fibroid trust ,as well as doing further reading on different websites on options for management of fibroids to have a wider picture on what is available for the management of fibroids.

Hope my opinion helps a little bit,

• Posted

hi, have any of the doc's said if the location of the fibroids will effect your chances of conceiving. if not and if you have no bad symtoms, not sure they should be removed. 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I can imagine girls think it is wierd having a guy who is not a doctor reply on this topic. Regardless, go look into UFE (Uterine Fibroid Embolization). Please realize most Oby Gynes will not discuss or recommend this approach because they do not perform it and hence make no money off of it. Simply google "city name UFE" and you will find multiple doctors who perform UFE. These doctors are "IR's", Interventional Radiologists. They are pros at going through veins non-invasively to treat fibroids and many other ailments. If IR is right for your condition it hsould be an outpatient same day non-invasive procedure. But get the facts online and from any IR who has done lots of UFE procedures. Most major hospitals have IR's. I can recommend good ones in Chicago if you are close ti it. Good luck, Bill
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with a 12x9cm fibroid (sub-serosal) on top of my uterus. I had been trying to conceive for over 3years at that point. I consulted to have a myomectomy to increase my chances (docs had mixed opinion about the impact of the fibroid on pregnancy). However, I got pregnant 2 weeks before surgery.

I had a normal pregnancy, baby was full-term but I needed a c-section as she was breech.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.