Prep concern

Posted , 1 user is following.

Its now nearly 11am, I took my first prep for colonoscopy at 3am (cannot sleep) and nothing happened! is this a normal thing? have others had this experience, does the stuff work eventually.

I do normally have a fairly solid constitution and rarely get tummy troubles

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It is rather unusual for the laxative not to work. Perhaps it has worked by now. Assuming you are scheduled for tomorrow (Monday) you had better ring the endoscopy unit and tell them it hasn't worked. They will know what to do, either more laxative or enemas. Don't worry, everyone is different.
  • Posted

Whatever it was it tasted quite OK and didn't have the desired effect. I must have drunk 12 pints of warm water testerday and everything still normal, never mind will see today in a couple of hours
  • Posted

If it hasn't worked then they won't be able to do the scope today.

Did you take the second dose as well, most unusual is that hasn't done anything either, are you sure you followed instructions.

• Posted

What happened? Were you able to have it done?
  • Posted

Lets just say I was due in early but was late as the floodgates opened.

I got there and yes it went ok after several trips to the gents and every Tm Dick and Harry checking what I was leaving behind. A totally strange day and possibly the most embarassing experience I'll ever have, but all credit to the staff they were determined I would not be sent home

They decided to give it a go at around 2pm so yes thankfully done and usted and all clear, they really do have a lot to put up with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.