sweaty palms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 17 year old girl and I have had sweaty palms for as long as i can remember- but at a certain point if i am dancing or want to hold someone's hand- their reaction of "ew! your hands are so wet!" gets really annoying and embarrsing. 

I have tried baby powder and deoterant on my hands but nothing helps.

Any advice?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I do feel for  you.  I have suffered the same situation for many,many years. I think the only solution maybe to purchase a machine.  I did have some sessions of this at a hospital and it seemed to work, although it is not a permanent solution and the machine is quite expensive to purchase.  I have yet to buy one myself.
  • Posted

i know exactly how it feels i'm suffering from the same thing, sweaty palms all day long and peoples reactions making it worse, i read about a treatment called iontophoresis did you heard about it?
    • Posted

Get a professonal diagnosis and try iontophoresis after you've tried all the antipersperants .Read about it in Internet and inform yourself, Iontophoresis changed my life .the machine that I ordered from Germany got me dry . easy to do and painless.
  • Posted

hey talia, i recommend that you get a doctors diagnosis for Hyperhidrosis . When you know for sure that it is Hyperhidrosis then ,I  would recommend trying Iontophoresis. 

Itz has worked for my sweaty hands . I ordered a machine from Germany , the Idromed 5 PC , did the teratments as prescribed and it did indeed get me dry and i have stayed dry  too . Inform yourself about iontophoresis it is certainly worth a try !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.