when I scratch I get big bruises

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 30 years old I've had high blood pressure for 11 years been taking ramipril for last 8month's just wondering if anyone else has had this happen I'm covered in bruises I only have to scratch a little an end up with big bruise, 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm the Same Kirsty ,but mine is because of the steroids I have to take when I get a chest infection, on and off I've taken them for over 20 years ,consequently my skin is thin on my arms and hand especially ,so I only have to have a little knock and I bruise badly ,,like bleeding under the skin,so I gave to be extra careful not to knock them again as they do bleed,,,,,but I haven't noticed them getting any worse while i was on Ramipril, I am no longer on them as my GP changed them as they were affecting my chest/ breathing, 

my advise would be to speak to your GP, 

Sorry I couldn't help further,

• Posted

kirsty68422....Nanny1086 is right. You should see your doctor. I'll assume from what you've written, that you believe the Rampiril may be causing the bruising...but you've been taking it for 8months now??? That's a long time to be putting up with side effects. Perhaps your doctor can give you something else. In this day & age, nobody should have to put up with nasty side effects.
    • Posted

Thank you both the bruising has only been happening just recently I think I'll defiantly make am appointment to see gp bruises are quite painful although they may be nothing to do with the ramipril just was curious if any1 else had experienced this.
  • Posted

Have you read up on the internet about side effects of Ramipril ,bruising may be listed as a possible effect ,? I strongly advise you to see your GP ,after the holidays, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.