numbness an pain in legs and moving up body

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have woken up this morning with numbness and pain in my legs. It seems to be getting worse and moving up my body anyone got any ideas what this could be?

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Is this the first time you have ever experienced this before? Have you had a vaccine or infection recently?
    • Posted

Yes first i have experienced this. And no not had infection or vaccine lately.
  • Posted

I had something happen to me back in June that started as pain and numbness in my little toe and continued up my body causing extreme muscle weakness. They think that I had mild Guillain Barre after ruling out other disorders. What does the pain feel like? Are you having any weird muscle twitches or nerve firing in your calves?
    • Posted

The pain is really bad and getting worse like a burning pain. Having a lot of weird muscle twitches have been since i woke up.
  • Posted

this happened to me in january 2010 woke up for work numbness in legs and worked its way up and within 24 hours i was paralysed from waist down not looking scare you but if it gets worse go hospitalsad condition called devics disease what hit me from being okay one day to not moving next
    • Posted

Oh dear i hope thats not what i have got!. What other symptoms did you have?
    • Posted

i hope its not alsosad had loss of power in legs severe burning which is still there to this day its rare devics think its 1 in 100,000 what get hit with it so its highly unlikely you will have it but needs treating asap stop it going worse just see how you go
    • Posted

I have got severe burning its really annoying. I will see how it is in a few hours if its not any better i will try and see out of hours docter and see what they say.
    • Posted

yeah you do that,its not gonna be what i have you would be unlucky if it was but keep an eye on it could be an infection or some muscle problem try not worry but get it looked at if it goes worse
    • Posted

Yes i doubt it will be what you have. But if it still the same or gets worse i will go and get it checked. Thank you.
    • Posted

You said you were paralysed from the waist down I am numb from the waist down but can still walk but a bit wobbly at times also very very constipated think this is all due to having back problems I've been like this now for 20 months and still no answers how long ago did u get this and are to still like it??
  • Posted

Try not to get too scared about it because that complicates things (easier said than done, I know) but you should get this checked out soon. GBS is rare too but can also be very serious in some cases needing treatment in the hospital early on but recovery is pretty good in most all of the cases from mild to the most serious. 
    • Posted

I am trying not to get worried about it. I will go and get it checked out.
    • Posted

Good luck to you! Hope you get better soon! Nerves can regenerate which is good but I can definitely relate to that burning pain. Had it for awhile with this but thru PT and time I have made great recovery. Worse part is not knowing. Keep up the great attitude!
  • Posted

yeah recovery is good if treated early i had great treatment in hospital without it i wouldnt be walking again now GBS,NMO,MS, all complicated conditions good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.