Any relief for headaches?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with Acromegaly and have been having daily headaches for the last 12 years.  I am being scheduled for surgery in February but in the meantime does anyone know of any way to get relief from headaches from Acromegaly?  I have not found any medications that help -'especially those medications used for migraine headaches. My experience is that migraine meds make my head much worse. Hoping for relief after the surgery. Any help would be much appreciated.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

what meds have you been put on while waiting for surgery?

i have heard that cabergoline is used for people who suffer from headaches.

(as opposed to lanreotide). 

have you been in contact with the pituitary foundation? their website has some helpful stuff but most of all there is a wonderful nurse helpline that you can call up. she'll also be able to advise you what to do. if you cannot get through by telephoning then email them.

wishing you all the best of luck and hope that things get sorted for you very quickly.

• Posted

sorry, i meant to say octreotide, rather than cabergoline
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I was put on Cabergoline but didn't like how it was making my head feel so quit it.  Have decided to just tough it out until surgery but was wondering if anyone had found a pain reliever that helps. 
    • Posted

Hi

Is surgery always recommended for acremgly? My igf-1 is 269. Do u think doctor we be recommending surgery for this?

Thanks

Reema

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.