is this globus sensation ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey i went to bed last night feeling my throat was all tight like i had a tight band around it where my adams apple would be i started to have a slight feeling like phelm was stuck but i cant do a powerfulness cough for it to come out so i had a drink went to bed to wake up with a slight wheeze i took my ashtma pump and i managed to clear my throat a little anyways i cant open my mouth very wide and the muscle like where your tonsils ect are wont move its like jammed so its hard to open my mouth to the amount to properly look down it my lips are all white and dry after waking too and at first it give me the sensation i could not breathe properly i got over the flu like a week and half ago so maybe this has something to do with although i do have anxiety too but this feels like a strange sensation of kind of been strangled ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How old are you? Male/female? Do you have GERD?

Maybe Eagle Syndrome? Do feel anything odd when turning your head?

Anexiety also does make this sensation worse, so pay attention if it gets better when you relax. I suggest see an ENT, if he find nothing see a gastroenterologist and get an endoscopy if necessary. 

• Posted

im 22 female 

no i got told i have hyperacidity but thats only because i had chest pains alot .

only thing i sometimes feel is like a twang when i turn my head but no pain its more of a burst twang feeling .

it comes and goes been doing it for nearly a year now .

i dont know what eagle syndrome is .

thankyou for your reply 

• Posted

do you have a burning sensation or sore throat too? i have had that feeling also for almost a year.
    • Posted

i have sore throats most mornings but not today i have not had a sore throat for a week burning sensation sometimes not alot sometimes when i lay down to go to bed but its sick coming up mainly . i have had it on and off for a year too 
    • Posted

is the sore throat from reflux?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.