weird symtoms! burning urine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. only been on Lansoprazole for a month (30g x 2 a day) but it seems to be causing cystitis like symptoms that I am finding hard to live with, along with severe light headedness.  Has anyone else had this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Andy, if you feel that Lansoprazole is definitely the culprit for your symptoms, then your GP can supply a different PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor).  

I took Lansoprazole briefly a few years ago and also tried the PPI, Omeprazole, but had to stop them both very quickly when one caused horrendous bowel problems and the other an unusual pain in my stomach.  At the time, they weren't prescribed to treat stomach problems but alongside steroids to act as a stomach liner.  They did the reverse!  My rheumatologist advised me not to take them.  Instead I ate a daily 'live' yoghurt before taking the steroids and that worked a treat -

But seriously you should not continue to take any medication that is producing such unwanted side effects.

• Posted

thanks for input.  I am eating live yoghurt most days anyway and I would prefer to find a natural way to help my stomach too.  I can't say for sure yet that it is the lansoprazole but I stopped for a couple of days and the problem started to resolve then started again and the problem came back.   I am on a break again now, just on day one so I will see what happens and then may have a better answer!  That's why I was interested to see if this happened to anyone else
    • Posted

Manuka honey is good, too - expensive but well worth it.  Lots of health benefits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.