Eye test

Posted , 1 user is following.

does anyone know what an optician can see if you have the full eyes test, camera behind the eyes etc.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have retinal eye screening because I'm diabetic, and once they let me see the screen. It was a huge image, I seem to remember it was orange. They pointed things out to me and explained that the eyes were healthy but I can't remember details. 
    • Posted

I think they can tell if there is any pressure behind the eyes.  Unfortunately I need a lot of reassurance
    • Posted

I don't know what you eye problem is but I sometimes get terrible stinging when looking at the screen. I'm taking Eye Bright tea for it, it's a herb and when I'm drinking the tea my eyes don't sting or go blurry. Eye Bright isn't just good for the stinging, it's good for eyes in general.
    • Posted

I've been getting headaches and am worried that it may be a brain tumour.  Went to the optician and had a full eye test and he said the back omy eyes were healthy.  They use the digital camera
    • Posted

When I was at school I used to get headaches when I sat too near the blackboard, it was found that I was long sighted. I wear glasses and don't get them now. Could that be it for you?
    • Posted

There are many reasons for headaches other than brain tumours so it might be best to try not to assume that. You could be making the headaches worse through stress?
    • Posted

Oh I know what you mean, once a worry get's it's claws into you it's very difficult to stop it. Are you going to the doc? You might have your mind put at ease.
    • Posted

I have been to see my GP and she gave me a full neuro test and said it wasn't anything serious.  She also referred me for an MRI, mainly for reassurance.  The trouble is I dont stay reassured for long.  Thanks for replying all your help is making me feel slightly better.  Take care
    • Posted

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! razz

You sound really stressed. There are some good meditation videos in youtube by TheHonestGuys.

• Posted

I struggle a lot with stress.  I am booked in for an MRI scan (reassurance only) and have asked to be put on the cancellation list.  The pain feels slightly better.  Trying to keep myself busy.  My GP said if it was a tumour she would have seen changes behind my eyes as well as the optician. It takes a lot to convince me.  This is typical of health anxiety.  I have had it for years. Thankyou everyone for your advice, glad to know you are not on your own
    • Posted

There are herbs and supplements you can take for stress; have you looked into any of these? Without them my stress levels are far highter!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.