Symptoms of tumour but no diagnosis yet..very discouraged.Help please

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 22 year old female who has been losing vision when I turn my head, fatigued, pale, and weight gain. I also have every day headaches in the bck of my head. I have been on the waitlist for an MRI for months. IThe doctors are not helping me as they think oh she is uoung she is fine. I have been off work and not llowed to drive. Does this sound like pituitary? My blood tests are fine but I know some tumours don't secrete hormones. Is a dynaminc mri the only way? I am so discouraged and tired of the waiting game.Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

have you tried looking on the website of the pituitary foundation, just in case?

https://www.pituitary.org.uk/

it is worrying that you are unable to drive yet you are having to wait so long for an MRI. do the doctors really tell you that you are fine because of your age? look at the information on the website mentioned and if you have matching symptoms then speak to your doctor about getting relevant blood tests etc. if not then it might be that there is another reason for your symptoms. 

have you been checked by an opthalmologist?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I really have been told by 2 doctors "You are quite ill but I really feel you will be okay you are young". I live in Canada and sadly our health care system is a joke. It is free but not great. I saw an opthamologist who told me I have blind spots on my eyes and a slightly elevated optic nerve. I checked the link (thanks again) and I do have most symptoms. I don"t know what to do next as my dr iselling me an mri will take months. Do you know of anthing else that causes similar symptoms to that of pituitary?
    • Posted

well firstly, if it IS a pituitary tumour then they grow relatively slowly so try not to panic that it is getting beyond control while you are waiting for the MRI.

i think i'd be tempted to print out the relevant pages from the booklet on advice to GPs and request any relevant blood tests while waiting for the MRI. i don't know enough about the subject to say whether or not there could be a non pituitary reason. 

i hope that this gets sorted out soon for you.

best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.