Pain in left hand due to nerve problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI All,

From last 10 days I have been suffering with pain in my left hand. I cant bend my elbow at all. I am able to bend just 5 to 10 degrees.I feel a nerve being stuck at my elbow. Also I feel numbness and irritation in my little finger and ring finger all the time. Is it because of cubital tunnel syndrome???, but I cant bend my elbow so i am doubting it. As i heard i can bend elbow in case of cuts.

Kindly suggest as im suffering from svere pain from last 1 week and I have Doctor appointment in 2 weeks.

THank you very much doctors.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I would like to point you to our Patient page regarding this disorder, please read this first, and report back if any of it applies to you, so we can get a better idea of the symptoms you are suffering from. Also note, did this just happen for no reason or were you working on something at the time.

https://patient.info/doctor/Cubital-Tunnel-Syndrome.htm

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

HI,

After work i went to bed and during the sleep it happend. Later in the morning the pain was little but later its more. Till now I dint get appointment and I dont have insurance yet as my company dint give still. I would like to know whether will this become more serious till i consult doctor??

Thanks,

John

• Posted

Hi. Im a 28 y.o female driving myself crazy thinking i have MND/ALS. i dont know what to do anymore. About 5 days ago i found it difficult to pick up my pen. Loss of coordination almost. I didn't think much of it then had severe cramps in my hands the next day. The coordination comes and goes. I feel weak in the hands but nowhere else. Burning sensations in my shoulders and muscle pain all over. The day after my hands i noticed frequent twitching in my legs (although i have had several panic attacks about this in last few days). I don't seem to have lost any muscle definition in my arms but i feel as though my left hamstring muscle looks smaller. Again, this could be fabricated in myhead. My legs dont feel weak sometimes again i feel loss of coordination. The doctor tested strength in hands arms and legs and said all are really good. I haven't had any real problems with speech or anything. My jaw had periods of tightness by i found that was after clenching and my tongue feels sticky but not tight or twitching just weird. My current conditions are Chiari Malformation Type 1 and Cervical kyphosis. Im seriously at a wits end and have convinced myself this is my fate. Looking for answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.