Day7

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bad day today.  Bad morning - very agitated.  It hasn;t lifted like it usually does

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Me to sad(((

Been reading to much to and worrying about the heart pounding, but I am sure it's raising my panic and anxiety which raises the heart.

Had hypnotherpy earlier and during that my heart was so slow as so relaxed so kind of answers the question I think

• Posted

When are you taking it? I was told to take mine @ night. I also split a 10mg pill an take half in am an half in pm around same time every day. You could have side effects up until 4-5 wks. I've been on 10mg for 7 wks. I have been having bouts of anger. All of sudden I'm n bad mood. But not crying all time. I think Ill probably have to go up on dosage or switch to something else. Zoloft helped me. Was happy an motivated but sideeffects were very bad for me. Not much sideeffects with Lexapro generic except wt gain of 12 lbs in 8 wks!! An the anger issue. No nausea. So,yes antidepressants increase anxiety or depression at first until your body adjusts. I started on 5mg for 2 wks then went to 10mg now for 7 wks. If anger continues will see Dr. Everyone isdifferent an different antidepressants work for some an not others just have to find rt one. Hope you feel better soon. Remember give it a chance to work. First 2-3 wks are a challenge but should kick in at 4-5 wks. Sometimes 6-8wks. Don't giveup!
    • Posted

Hi Zoe.  Thanks for your post.  I've been through this a few times before over the years so know the drill!  I remember my time period as something like 3-4 weeks so am hunkering down for the duration.My sides are agitation, tremours, dry mouth and at the moment a loss of appetite.  I went to doc because I was very tearfull, anxious and was experiencing the "in the box, weight on head" feeling quite a lot, so knew it was time to seek help again. It was quite scarey as I knew what was to come, although I also knew there is an end to it when the meds begin to improve things and the body adjusts. The message is stick with it!
    • Posted

Oh yes - I'm taking mine in the morning so might try the night time dose, thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.