Insole that increases circulation on Prescription in UK!

Posted , 4 users are following.

In the leaflet on this site entitled 'Diabetes, foot care and Foot ulcers' it has a section that discusses how to help prevent Foot ulcers occuring. I don't know about anyone else but there has been little out there other than diet changes, weight loss and keeping foot damage to a minimum and so on that has assisted this. There is as I mentioned a piece that discusses annual foot checks with a Podiatrist and changes to look out for. This---- ''Part of this review is to examine the feet to look for problems such as reduced sensation or poor CIRCULATION. If any problems are detected then more frequent feet examinations will usually be recommended.'' What I have discussed with my Doctor is an Insole that featured in the Express Newspaper after Christmas, claiming (it has been clinically proven) to increase circulation. They are called Liqua-Care Flowgel Orthotics and are now available on Prescription! You just need to chat to your Dr. (or podiatrist probably), to see if you are suitable. Any of us that suffer Neuropathy pain and numbness are prime candidates! I have cold feet and bought some. They are brilliant, just need to save up to get a pair for each pair of shoes! ;o) x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm a bit 'miffed' that although I suffer with peripheral neuropathy in my feet nobody prior to you has mentioned these things.

I'm due to see my podiatrist again on Monday and so I will raise this topic.

One point I have to question is you mention that these items are now available on prescription, so why are you saying that people should save up and buy them?

Surely if they are prescription those under 60 years of age will just pay the standard prescription charge, and those over 60 will receive them free of charge?

• Posted

I hope you had some luck with your podiatrist. Liqua-Care have been available since the end of last year or so (onPrescription) , so not everyone knows about them yet! I found out about them a while ago when they were only available to buy and think they are fab. They are available FREE to those who are exempt from prescription charges and to those the Doctor/ Podiatrist thinks is suitable. You would have to ask to find out if they will issue them to you, it's worth an ask. cool
  • Posted

Hi,  Years ago I bought a circulation booster machine.  Since my diagnosis I have been frightened to use it as I have been told and read on some information since that you should not use them if you have diabetes.  I am so confused.  Does anyone know what is correct and why we can't use the boosters.

• Posted

I'm not familiar with the circulation booster that you have Chrisy, but possibly the reason why we diabetics should not use them is because many diabetics suffer from peripheral neuropathy, where you gradually lose all feeling in your feet, and consequently you might  damage yourself without knowing about it.

Mind you that's only a guess, because as I say I'm not familiar with your machine.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Chrisy, I don't have any experience of these machines, but if you mobile I would recommend Liqua Care as these will increase your circulation as you walk. As you are a Diabetes Sufferer, as long as you don't have any open sores on your feet, you will be able to get these on prescription to help you. Have a chat with your Doctor. wink x
  • Posted

Just logged onto this site - my husband (elderly like me!) has diabetes 2 - his neuropathy numbness has been given no attention - not even discussed - he is now wearing carpets out!! - not that this matters.   All I want is to get him some hope - he doesn't get it anywhere - on reading your article I have a glimmer of hope now - have taken a note of the Orthotics and will take it from there if my dear husband will listen to me!!  Am so happy to hear you are getting benefit and long may it continue - all good wishes - and keep yourself well - ANNE K-MATHER

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.