Fourteen years of pain, desperate for answers..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 48 year old female, I started years ago with a pain that seems to come from my left shoulder blade.  It is a radiating piercing ache that goes up the left side of my neck, left side of my skull and actually goes into my teeth and eye into my head.  All on the left side. I have gone thru MRI's and have been told I have a pinched nerve, slight spinal stenosis, and a touch of arthritis.  I have gone for physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic care, Yoga, heat and ice, and different exercises to strengthen the area.  This tends to come and go, stay for a month or two then misteriously leave.  Now I have had it for three weeks now. My doctor gave me Mobic and Vicodin, and I also have to take a migraine medication because it can cause me to get a migraine.  I do not know where else to turn, it actually is limited my activities.  A pain manage doc suggested trigger point injections, I am afraid of that.  Does anyone have any idea what i can do? or has anyone ever had anything like this? please help...cry

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

I think we all get problems similar to what you're experiencing,  mostly with cervical spondylosis and stenosis.  There are different neck conditions which can give rise to similar symptoms.  You should be able to get a physiotherapist's report which defines your condition ,  and then you would need to look at the options available for treating it.  A good trawl thru' the cervical spondylosis posts on this site will give a good idea of what others also face,  and might also give some ideas for managing it in the meantime.  Ultimately,  you might need to see a Neurologist,  depending on the severity of symptoms,  and see what they might advise.  Whatever medications, or treatments,  you opt for in the meantime will probably depend on whatever you feel is necessary......it's difficult for anyone to advise, as each case is different.

Good luck

Gerry

• Posted

This maybe of no help at all, but my Auntie has very similar symptoms to yours and she has been diagnosed with PMR, I can't tell you much more about it sorry, she also finds that hers goes down her arm and into the hand and she does get swelling which you don't mention so it maybe a dead end for you but you never know.  If you Google PMR it brings info up so maybe you could check your experience against this.  Hope you start to find some relief soon. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.