Thickening of uterus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,my update,i did hysterecopy(camera) test,the doctor said sure uterus is thick and the fibroids are not in the cavity which he says its better and that its not cancer,

Am yet to do MRI on mid-march so they can decide which treatment is best for me (operation or medication) the polyp is not removed yet,.

Have anyone ever heard if there's possible treatment to heal thickening of uterus?i have try checking internet but cant find any.

Any help is appreciated as i feel its taking long till i do MRI,i wish to hv a clue to move on.thx all.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had thickening of the uterus and needed to have a hyteroscopy and biopsy which was clear. I alos had fibroids but not in utero however as my uterus was large i could not have ablation which takes away the thickening permanently. I was suffering from very heavy periods which were also prolonged. Had the polyp removed and a mirena coil fitted which keeps the lining thin. I have had it 3 months now and the periods are much lighter. So therefore to answer your question google endometrial ablation and mirena coil so that when you next see your doctor then you are armed with info. In the short term i was also ut on Norethisterone to stop heavy bleeding, but not sure if that is your problem. All the best

• Posted

Thx Shaz,will google ...problem with bleeding not much,however i am thinking if its possible i can try a baby mayb through IVF but if thicken is never treatable to hold a baby then is ok coz am 46 on march.thx
  • Posted

Hello Ruguru... it sounds to me like you have what I have.  The thickening of the uterus is called Adenomyosis.  I had delt with the symptoms of that for a few years before I went to the doctors and was diagnosed.  Heavy  and prolonged periods, up to two weeks and than only off for a few days and than a repeat.  You do not get rid of Adenomyosis however don't believe doctors when they say the only way to stop the symptoms is hysterectomy.  I went to a holistic doctor who gave me a regimne and in less time than he suspected I became Asymptomatic. I have been free from the sypmptoms  of Adenomyoss since 2011.  Now I suffer with a 9 centimeter fibroid and am trying to shrink that holistically before a radical surgery.  Also,  they will say that you can't have kids but that is not true because I became pregnant while having adenomysis.  Though it is harder to get pregnant it is surely not impossible.

• Posted

What a great morning u have made it b to me!! Thx Lauren,its so encouraging of u,great that u fought this issue,

I really wish to hv a kid though am 46 this march and many fibroids that are outside th cavity,its hard but some people managed in all this.will hear what IVF wil say after my MRI but i wil fight till th end.

About holistic,its a challenge to get one as i actually dont understand who is a holistic,i can try google to understand who am looking for but if u are free u can tell me something about it,thanks alot.

• Posted

Hi lauren,i have read about holistic & gona try it.

Please tell me if you use apple cider vinger.,am alittle afraid ,not sure if it can cause harm u th sick uterus linning as its strong.i feel i wona try it but not sure of th effect n cant get any on google.

• Posted

Hi Ruguru,  Sorry I just saw this message...  I must say that I had not ideal tha tI had a fibroid prior to say november of 2014 and prior to that for about a year and a half I was informed about all the health benifits of applecider vinegar (braggs)  so I started taking it faithfully.  I had slacked off for about a few months, taking it off an on, when i remembered, about a a month before finding out i had the fibroid.  I had already had the thickening of the uterus(Adenoymosis) since 2010 though.  though you can not get rid of the thickening of the uterus you can stop the symptoms of it.  I think that apple cider vinegar can only help no matter what this particular ailment though. I started taking it again in hopes that along with the other things I am doing will shrink my fibroid.  
  • Posted

Ruguru, also,  with my Applecider Viniger i would take one to two table spoons, in a shot glass mix it with hot or warm water and a bit of raw organic honey.  
    • Posted

Thank you for information,i decided to give it a try 1day and i had a "headache" discomfort,i just thought 'mayb its burning th linning more??' i am not sure its th cause,i am thinking of giving it atry another day and see if th headache happens again

Otherwise thanku alot.

• Posted

Yes just go with your feelings on it after taking it again.  Don't do on an empty tummy. and you can drink water afterwards to flush it down.  Actually it is best that you do drink water or at least rinse mouth because the acid is not good for the teeth.  Good luck with it.   Also,  regarding the holistic doctors.  look on line for them in your area and you shoud find one.  they are separate from your FP unless you have a great one who is not opposed to the holistic approach for fear he won't make any money in cures. 
  • Posted

Hi everyone, i was just diagnosed with Adenomyosis and found a really helpful site called adenomyosis advice association. Org. Lots of help and info on there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.