12 year old with HSP looking for other teens to chat with

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 12 year old daughter is looking to share her experience with others who have HSP. She has HSP induced kidney disease and has been taking Prednisone to help. The Dr, have now determined it has not helps and she has been put on another drug which has lowered the protein levels but not the blood levels. Because of the drugs she has gained a lot of weight in a very short time and is now covered in scars. If you are going through this and would like a kindred spirit we would love to chat. Or is you have any insight I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Cheers

Canadian HSP momma

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I realize you have posted over a year ago but i was wondering how your daughter is doing? I have a 12 yr old son that is going through HSP now and in the beginning of his 6th week now. The rash has almost faded away and are now dominately just on his feet where subsequently most of his joing pain his. Just wondering if your daughter is over this awful disease. I would appreciate some insight into how long it took for your daughter to recover.

Thank You smile

• Posted

Hi there

I realize you have posted over a year ago but i was wondering how your daughter is doing? I have a 12 yr old son that is going through HSP now and in the beginning of his 6th week now. The rash has almost faded away and are now dominately just on his feet where subsequently most of his joing pain is. Just wondering if your daughter is over this awful disease. I would appreciate some insight into how long it took for your daughter to recover.

Thank You smile

• Posted

I Hello ma'am

I know its real late but I want to know how your daughter is doing now.I hope she is fine now.I guess me and your daughter are just in the same age by now.Btw im a 17 yrs old girl.When I was 15 yrs.old I was diagnosed with HSP thank God it only lasted for a year.Now, my rashes are gone.I would love to talk/chat with her one day.

Sincerely,

Jessy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.