I need help. I can't tell if it's anxiety and other things or aspergers.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Growing up I would say was not the best. My hygiene was very bad I would never brush my teeth or my hair and I would be too afraid to take a shower because I was told of Bloody Mary and it scared me I guess. So I also wasn't very social. I had few friends maybe like 3-4 and I missed and still miss a lot of school. Then around 15 something changed I started taking showers and keeping up with my hygiene but I started mentally going downhill. At this time I stopped eating a lot and I guess you can say became anorexic. Then I started selfharming and became suicidal.I finally went inpatient for suicidal thoughts and selfharm. When I was inpatient they diagnosed me with ADHD, severe depression, and severe anxiety. Recently I've been thinking I have Aspergers because I've watched my brother with it and I am very similar. So I looked online to see they symptoms and I saw I have a lot of them so I needed another opinion. The symptoms I have would be lack of social skills I can't look someone in the eyes when I talk to them and I can't start or continue a conversation very well. I have repetitive behaviors like foot tapping and leg shaking. When people come close to me I forget how to breathe because I stop thinking someone can hear me breathing.I have unusual preoccupations like having to count to 8 and turn the water in the shower on cold before getting out or having to open the mailbox everytime I leave the house or come home. I do limit my range of interest all I do is play video games. And I tend to be very clumsy. I don't know what to do about this all because I don't want to tell my mom she wouldn't take it seriously. It took me telling a school I wanted to kill myself for her to even realize I had depression and even then she lacked help so that's not an option. So I decided I would come on here and see if you guys think it could be aspergers or if it's just anxiety and depression. Thanks for your time and please help if possible.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sweetie, you need to talk to your GP about this and ask for referral to the appropriate professional for testing and diagnosis.
  • Posted

I agree with Arwyn, you need to see your GP. If you have problems discussing this , could you print off what you wrote on here and take it with you? I think you explained your problems very well. It could be autism, Aspergers, dyspraxia , OCD.....from your post. All these could match some of your symptoms. 
  • Posted

Hi, you sound a lot like I was in my adolescence. I'm 47 now and just seeking my Aspergers diagnosis. Go for it! It sounds ridiculous to want a label but I feel as though my life is finally explainable. It's nightmarishly difficult trying to explain why you're different to people though, thisis your journey - not their's! 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.