Fexofenadine strange feelings

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi as any body had this , i took atablet my doctor gave me and 2 hours later my left leg came up in white blotches and my chest felt cold, this morning i have had the same cold feeling in my chest and neck.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Margaret, but what tablet was this? Was it a one off or have you been prescribed them. It is always a good idea to ask your Dr what it is they are giving you and if there is any known side effects. Also, I always look up online the drug I have been prescribed and check its side effects. But until we know what the drug is I cannot help. Sorry. I hope you are feeling better this morning though. All the best, christina 
  • Posted

Since you haven't told us what the medication is all I can ask  is have you read the sheet that came with the tablets telling you what side effects to watch out for? If you can't contact your doctor since it is Saturday, do go to the chemist and ask to speak to the pharmacist about it to be sure. 

By the way, I've asked for this conversation to be moved as i don't think it belongs here in this thread which is a bout a form of rheumatism/arthrtitis and you don't say you have it.

• Posted

Since you haven't told us what the medication is all I can ask  is have you read the sheet that came with the tablets telling you what side effects to watch out for? If you can't contact your doctor since it is Saturday, do go to the chemist and ask to speak to the pharmacist about it to be sure. 

By the way, I've asked for this conversation to be moved as i don't think it belongs here in this thread which is a bout a form of rheumatism/arthrtitis and you don't say you have it.

• Posted

Hi Eileen the medication was an antistimene fexofenadine and i had to go to a and e, they could not understand it.

My left leg went swollen all white blops appeard and then i felt this awful feeling in my chest(like when you have dye inserted for a ct scan).

• Posted

No - I've never heard of anything like that. Did they at least change the medication? 

I do hope it doesn't happen again.

• Posted

No they just said they did not know what it was, i am going to see my doctor, could it be that i have gone from 10mg pred to 7.5 i dont know.

Many thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.