Daily Fragmin injection and my tummy!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the past couple of weeks I have had a really bad upset tummy.  I haven't changed anything about what I eat or drink, (if anything i am drinking less during the day to try and avoid too many trips to the toilet) the only thing I believe that might be causing it is the daily injection I am giving myself of Fragmin (dalteparin sodium) at a dosage of 0.2ml per day.  Is anyone else having this problem or having to use this drug?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not heard of that but I felt generally off for the first 2-3 weeks as I don't normally take tablets so they upset my system and think I took a while to recover from the general anaesthetic.

once you get more mobile and eating healthily it improves.

try to keep your fluids up even though it's a pain getting up to go to the loo!

• Posted

I was taking Naproxen and that really didn't sit well for me, my tummy really didn't know what do to with itself and once I stopped that I thought everything would settle down and now for the last two weeks I've had this.  I've had a lot of anasthetics and surgeries but this is the first time I've used Fragmin, hence pointing the finger of blame
  • Posted

I have been on Fragmin 0.4ml for about 3 1/2 months now after cancer treatment, and it does seem to play with my digestion, but not drastically. This may be due to me feeding through a PEG mainly, but I cannot see any direct reason to blame the Fragmin (apart from my natural dislike of injecting myself daily). Just keep hydrated and put up with the night trips! This might be out of date for you as I have only just joined the forum. Good luck in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.