How can I find out if I am Autistic

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have brought up 3 son and l must mention my X wife it was a team effort.

Two were statements l suspect our frost borne is too.

Asperger syndrome how would l know if l have it. I am 58 and completely alone. My marriage been very rocky we are separated. The final straw she was seeing someone. That hurt then one of my Sons died.

I am trying to keep it together. Sometimes l have bad days.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lloyd

It sounds as if you have had a very hard time in your life and I can't imagine how you have coped with the loss of your son.  Many people have some autistic traits and I think you are doing the right thing in asking whether you might have this condition too.  In your position I would go to my doctor and ask for an assessment.  If he or she tries to fob you off (which often happens when people ask this question as an adult) then tell him how hard life is for you and how a diagnosis (if you do have autism) might help you to cope better.  There are help lines for people with autism and I am sure you can ring them even if you don't have a definite diagnosis.  Take care and hope you can continue to be positive about life with or without autism.

• Posted

Thankyou very much just talking helps As the song goes"Loneliness is a crowded room"

I think that is the best advice l have had in some time.

Thankyou

• Posted

These forums are a brilliant place to ask for advice Lloyd and also to connect with people who may be feeling just like you.  And you are right that loneliness can be a crowded room - great expression.  Take good care of yourself and know that there are many people online who may just understand how you may be feeling.  Small steps towards getting some help and understanding yourself better eh.  Good luck to you and please let us know what the doctor says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.