I've had for not long now but I'm young will I stay?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm quite young and I've got plantar fasciitis i have been diagnosed with it less than a week ago but have had it longer. Will it go quicker because I'm young or not because I can't not walk because of school so I can't rest it but I can't be off school for obvious reasons. I don't know weather I should use crutches or not? I am going to Paris in 4 weeks and in summer to Spain will I be better by then?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I used to coach Schools rugby (coaching the senior team). I have PF for 18 years so I recognised the signs when one of my players got a pain in his foot. I immediately stopped him from training and sent him to physio - who confirmed PF. He was treated early and probably as he was young, managed a full recovery within a month. Get off your feet and get treatment NOW.
    • Posted

thank you i hope it goes quick but what type of treaments can you get for PF??
  • Posted

Ice, rest, elevation, self/physio-friction/massage, taping, night-splints, stretching, gentle exercise (non-weigh bearing). very important to get custom made orthotics
    • Posted

Thank you again all very useful things I will try them ive obviously tried elevation. Also sorry but where can you get night splints from?
  • Posted

I got PF at 16 because I used to do every sport you could think of, then took 6 weeks out because of a fractured metatarsal. That 6 weeks out has turned into 2 years out and now I'm struggling to walk and it's stopped me from going to Uni. Take the advice and get sorted ASAP but it doesn't mean you'll be sorted sooner just because you're young, sorry!
    • Posted

Oh jesus okay thabk you for that I stuggle to walk at the moment its really bad at thw moment hope it goes soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.