I've just been prescribed gabapentin for migraine.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have just been prescribed this medication & was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect.

Good or bad experiences, side effects, how log it takes to work etc?

Many thanks

Butterfly

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 🙋 I don't no about migraines but I have been on these tabs for a while now and still in pain but my pain is a trapped nerve which I have had for nearly 3 years perhaps they might work better for you 😊
  • Posted

Hi..I was on gabapentin for 12 yrs so that was a long time. I found it did work for the pain from shingle nerve damage and hip pain. It was also used for me to stay focused. But over time messed up my mind from long time use. If it works for the pain great, but beware of yrs of use. Hope it can be temporary for u and websites like this can connect people like us to share concerns    Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Nancy,I've been on gabapentin (3600mg) and tranadol 400mg for 14 years for damaged nerves in both legs, then reduced to 1800mg and 200mg tramadol, but now after a further 3 years find i need more gabapentin again so have increased to 2100mg daily, my problem is I can't remember how long the feeling tired and sleeping all the time last, Its been increase for 3 weeks now I find it very very hard to wake up in the day.I'm asking you because you have been on it for 12 years,any idea let me know,many thanks and have a nice weekend ☺
  • Posted

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It's really scary starting a new medication isn't it & you just want to hear something good about them or be warned of the bad. So thank you for warning me i will bare that in mind.

I've taken my first one this evening so fingers crossed that the outcome is good.

Butterfly x

• Posted

Well I am going back to see my doc hopefully tomorrow I have been in pain all day had pins and needles for the last 2 hours and I'm on 9 tabs a day plus tramadol and 500mg paracetamol can't stand the pain anymore x
  • Posted

Hi im on 3oo mg of gabapentin this is my 3rd day i feel strang like i cant focus on anything ive been awake now since 6 o'clock i took my gabapentin then and i feel like i could sit here all day but cant as i have housework and dinner to do as well as getting myself dressed but i feel so week and my head is killing me i suffer from migraines and have trid other pain killers but none have worked .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.