I have just been diagnosed with PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello smile

Today I was diagnosed with PCOS and have received great support from my doctors! They are sending my Husband for as fertility test and then are looking to refer us for treatment by means of CLOMID! I was ridiculously worried about this as I am overweight and was nervous incase they would not help us out! However as I am loosing weight at the minute (2stone since Xmas) I think this is in my favour. I was just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of , or look out for and just any advice on this condition at all!

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Always if being diagnosed with Pcos have them test every aspect of your blood. Ex hormones liver spleen kidneys there are a wide diverse reasons Pcos occurs. In my case Pcos is a symptom not the main issue. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Laura

I have suffered with this condition for 14 years . I take metformin to help with hair growth and weight loss is hard bit I have managed to loose weight.

I to have fertility issues and have been given Clomid for 6 months 5 times now. Unfortunately it hasn't been sucessful for us and we are now looking at other fertility treatment.

It's all have and a vicious circle as be I g over weight your BMI has to be under what they say . Loosing Weight is hard because if the syndrome.

Just don't loose faith and having plenty of support is good.

• Posted

I also have bloods done every month day 21. 24 and 27 to see if I am ovulating
    • Posted

Thank you!!! I have the best support from my family and husband! I am hoping that loosing weight will help me along as my periods seem to some what regulate themselves when I have lost weight in the past! So far I'm two stone down since Xmas !

What other fertility treatment is there other than metphormin and clomid ?!?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.