Do I have Adrenal fatigue?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys this is gonna be LONG so please read! Last year in April I had a SEVERE panic attack after smoking marijuana. It was the most stressful event of my life. On top of that period, I was under a lot of school stress getting 5 hours of a sleep a night. Then, I obtained the flu a week after and tonsillitis 2 weeks after which lasted until August in which I had my tonsils removed. After the panic attack and flu and tonsillitis I was left with debilitating fatigue. Since the incidents, it hasn't gone away. My

Symptoms since then have improved for sure, but I'm still left with grogginess brain fog tiredness and headaches all day. At first I thought it was chronix fatigue syndrome, but all CFS sufferers are saying it seems like something else because I have no payback after excersize, I actually feel Better from it. I have not done the saliva test for AF though, but I feel I have it. This is where things get weird. Right now (march 2015) I wake up at 6:30 AM, exhausted. I get a burst of energy around 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM. Then at 11:45-12:20 I'm exhausted. Then, at 12:25-1:05 I'm feelin alright. By 1:10 I'm EXHAUSTED- this is the worst point of my day. I go home and take an hour nap or so. By around 7:00 PM I have more energy (but I still feel burnt out but not sleep tired yet). I am tired around this time but don't feel the need to sleep until around 10:15 PM. There are times where I have stayed up late because of homework (around 12:00 AM) and can't fall asleep until 1-1:15 AM and I'm not sure why. On weekends, I have energy around 6:30-8:00 then I'm tired. Then around 11 I feel decent and go to bed around 1:00 watching TV. I drink coffee rarely bc I know it's bad, but coffee helps a little. What the heck is going on here?!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This could be a variety of things. I recognize thyroid problems.  That said, thyroid needs to be in balance with adrenal glands.  One of the things I remember were the headaches and brainfog.  At night hard to fall asleep, in the morning no energy to start the day.  Till the day is almost over and then you get going.  But that's a little too late. 

The best thing to do is go see a doctor and tell this person also in what direction you have been thinking.  It helps them to give you the tests needed for these conditions.  They may as well start with thyroid and adrenals. 

• Posted

Thanks for the response! I had blood done in October and my thyroid was completely fine. I haven't done the saliva test which is why I'm going this route. I also take antidepps for energy. Other symptoms I have are feeling dizzy upon standing up and I've had a chronic cough ever since this started
    • Posted

From my experience - dizzy has been part of my adrenal gland experience.  And I was too soon out of breath.  
    • Posted

I have both a thyroid and adrenal problem and take medication for both.  It makes a big difference once both thyroid and adrenals are looked after.  (Which too often is not done. It took many years to come to the conclusion that the adrenals needed attention as well.)
    • Posted

I am taking cortisol and Med's for hypothyroidism as well.  Started last August and such a slow progress.  I have recently, 10 months later, begun having headaches.  What has been your progress?
    • Posted

I'm doing alright.  Thyroid and adrenals that is.  Headaches usually occur when the balance is off.  Might be good to have the balances checked.  
  • Posted

Hi

Well, I have Addisons Disease and the classic (and I believe unique) symptoms before diagnosis and medication, are low blood pressure and dark skin on the upper body. When I had my crisis, my blood pressure was so low that I could not sit upright in a chair. When I finally went in to hospital, my blood pressure was 80/50. I control my intake of Fludrcortisone by measuring my blood pressure every day and recording it and today my 'average' is 118/60. Obvously, much healthier.

When I say unique above, it is because every time I have met a new doctor socially and cited those two symptoms, they have only ever said Addisons! Of course, you may have other symptoms, but 'tiredness' could simply be low blood pressure?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.