had a good day till i got home

Posted , 5 users are following.

well went to leeds with husband and had a really good day, got home, head itching like mad legs and arms still at it, cold feeling back, what the heck , taken my tablet thought i was getting a day off from it all.. must have had something thats not agreed with me, bought the book by dr claire weeks. self help for your nerves, might need that tonight.

oh well back to square one.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Margaret, I know the feeling.  Hope you feel better soon! Prettier and happier days are just ahead.  
  • Posted

Hi there Margaret, My wife & I have just recently moved to Leeds & I have OA with what I can only describe as a feeling as though there's something crawling up my arms,Legs and spine, which is sometimes I'm told similar to Restless legs syndrome and is a side effect of OA. I have many sleepless nights pacing and rocking about then take an extra dose of Painkiller wait about 20 mins & then I tend to flake out completely exhausted. It's a nightmare that Dr's are trying to combat by uping my dose of Gabapentin but as yet it's not working. Keep going back until they find a satisfactory answer
    • Posted

Hi Stephen , thank you for your reply sorry to be a bit thick but what is OA please, i had to see my doctor for a check up and she said i had acute urticaria, i have been on tablets for 2 days and have noticed the odd feeling is not quite as severe, now i dont know if it is connected to urticaria, but i am keeping a diary so next time i see her i can let her know whats happened, i did see a different doctor this time , as when i saw the other doctor i must have told her 5 times about it she just said we will see how things are next time,  

• Posted

well this is what i was to understand ericaria is(but i am sure somebody will correct me if i am wrong)

i get a rash sometimes it is a raised blob, or looks like weals, and its because i have high levels of histamine caused by either food or medication that reacts with my body. Many moons ago my whole body was covered like this , and after tests it was found i was elergic to asprin, so i cannot have that now, i was really.

the doctor asked me to keep a food diary so when i see her next we can discuss it, hope this helps Pauline. hope you are well

• Posted

Hi Margaret, OA is short for Osteo Arthriris as for your Ericaria, have the doctors prescribed Antihistamines to counter the histamine build up?
    • Posted

yes, but as i am writing this i have got all the cold feeling again, and had a few pains in head and neck, it never ends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.