Good Morning

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hope you all had good night, once again i slept through, i have a question to ask and hope i have not asked it before. Does anybody else have a sore through if so have you a remedy for it please.

I know by reading on this site that i am not the only one to suffer wityh mood swings, but yesterday while shopping with hubby we had a heated disscussion regarding rapeseed oil, the out come hubby said i am seeing your doctor and getting you off the tablets you are mad woman, 

If i say i want to go shopping on my own, its the sad face and so you dont want me to come with you. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!, does anybody else have this problem with their man or is it just me,

Sorry for rambling but its driving me mad

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good morning Margaret, glad you had a good nights sleep.  I don't have a partner but have two sons, one still at home.  I don't have mood swings either but I do get annoyed when they will not take on board that I have an illness.  I have stopped trying to explain that although the steroids take care of the inflamation, the underlying illness is still there.  They don't want to know or are not interested.  Am past the stage of caring what they think.  But it can be frustrating at times.  Take it easy Margaret because the only person you can change is you.  Regards Pat
    • Posted

Morning Margaret....yes, I do have the same problem as you, and it reached  boiliing point this week as well!  I am feeling very ill, fluey, weak and in pain, my husband has wonderful health, and just carries on, to the point he has no understanding of my problems.  I don`t tell him every day, how I feel, what`s the point. I have had Fibrimyalgia/ME for 20 years before PMR, so if he dosen`t understand now, he never will.  This week I told him, it would be no different if I was on my own...he also said I was going mad....yes, the steroids do change us, it`s a fact, I do not waste my precious energy trying to make him understand...many men aren`t capable of empathy...bless.....try not to let the stiuation make you worse....I tell him, even if I am going  mad with the steroids, at least I can get out of the chair!!  When I first went on them, they gave me back years of energy I had missed, but I1m paying for it now....but it`s such a tricky situation, .  Good luck, and keep positive, you are`nt alone, and you`re NOT goin g mad   Linda....smile
    • Posted

thank you pat, hubby came shopping with me this morning down to dewsbury as i need to chane my reading books, and i showed him my list and said this is what i am doing, so what do you want to do. he camebiggrin
    • Posted

thank you linda, there is a saying we cant live with em, and we cant live withour em, mmmmmmmmm, sometimes, it is going to be a long journy trying to get john to understand, he cannot hack illness, but hes got no choice at the moment, i got a book that was recommended to me by dr claire weeks called hope and helpm for your nerves, pity she clould not write a book about men coping with their wives illness.

bless them all. take carecool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.