what is normal and what is not normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

does anybody else  get up with a throat that feels sore and prickly, and sometimes on my right side of my head it feels as if the nerve endings are tingling.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret, yes I wake up every morning with a sore/itchy throat because I get post nasal drip. When lying down at night as you breathe through your nose post nasal drip is quite common and also I snore too so another reason for a sore throat. I have had this plys a cough for 3 years now and sometimes it causes my ears to block too. As far as nerve endings are concerned I also  have this not just in my head and face nut every day in my arms, fingers, legs and feet. Unfortunately very common with fibro. Very annoying to say the least. X
    • Posted

Hi Gizmo, many thanks for your reply, glad to hear other people have this, i did seem to think this was the case but to make sure i thought i was ask.

and as you say it is annoying, many thanks 

• Posted

Hi Margaret, I am sorry but no I don't get up with a throat that feels sore and prickly but yes I have had neuralgia which effects the right side of my head where my hair is even sore to touch.  But document your symptoms and be aware of the right side of your head, if in turns into a headache or blurred or double vision it may be a sign of GCA, just be careful.  I am sure there will be more experienced people who  will answer your questions.  I am relatively new to PMR.  Good luck on hour journey.   Pat
    • Posted

Hi Pat, many thanks for your reply, i have not had headaches, or blurred or double vison, but i have told my doctor this but she seems unconcerned.  I have written all of this in my diary.

I only started with this in January of this year so seem to panic at everything, i am trying to not get too worked up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.