Tramadol Withdrawal

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hi There

I'm not sure if anyone here can help. I saw some discussions on tramadol withdrawal on this site but it was from about 6 months ago so i'm just praying someone is still on who can help. Here is my story,

I began taking tramadol about 5 months ago for chronic pelvic pain. I had told my doctor i had some trouble becoming dependant on Vicodin in the past so instead she prescribed Tramadol saying that i would not become addicted if i follow the appropriate dosage. Well that didn't work because eventrually it made me feel so good and happy i took it for recreational purposes. I blew through all 90 pills in 7 days. I was taking up to 500mg a day but then they wouldn't refil my prescription for three more weeks so i would withdraw and then get right back on the tramadol once my prescription was up. This time, I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK. I stopped cold turkey Wednesday night at 9:30pm after taking my last 200mg and now it is Friday morning. I have some minor restless legs but i have NO ENERGY and i feel like LIFE TRULY SUCKS. I know that working out will help and eating might help and getting some excercise but get this, i actually came to my office job today. I figure that rather than call in i'll try to push through the last work day of the week. My 5 year old son comes home on Sunday afternoon so i want to do all that i can today and Saturday to at least get back to the point where i can care for him. Any suggestions on how to get out of this slump in the next two days would be grately appreciated. Nobody knows about this, not even my boyfriend. I'm just so afraid of being judged. I feel like anyone i tell will judge me and i feel like my boyfriend will run the other way if i tell him so i HAVE to do this alone. PLEASE HELP!

1 like, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

IT'S HARD, I KNOW. ACHES & PAINS ARE 1 THING, BIT THE EMOTIONAL ANXIETY & DEPRESSION MAKES IT 10 TIMES WORSE. I BELIEVE ONE NEEDS THE BENIFIT OF AN ANTIDEPRESSANT BEFORE COMING OFF THEM. I KNOW KRATOM IS HELPFUL FOR COMING OFF ANY OPIATE. OTHER THAN THAT, HOT BATHS & VITAMINS TO HELP WITH THE RLS CAN HELP. COMING OFF OPIATES CAUSES THE BODY TO FLUSH OUT FLUIDS & MINERALS WHICH LEADS TO THE RLS. KRATOM CAN BE TAKEN IN CAPSULE FORM OR MADE INTO A TEA. IT WILL RELIEVE YOUR SYMPTOMS. BEST TO COME OFF TRAMADOL WITH A SLOW TAPER & MAYBE FINDING A LOVED ONE TO HELP YOU MANAGE IT. IT CAN BE DONE WITH EMOTIONAL SUPPORT. YOURE NOT ALONE ;-)

GOD BLESS, CARL

• Posted

I have been researching all day and fount a lot of info about Kratom helping but there is so much info have u tried it with coming off tramadol

• Posted

I’m not sure what Kratom is and whether you can get it in Britain!?!

Tapering off Tramadol sounds good but the Tramadol I take are in capsule form.

How do you suggest I take a half or even a quarter dose?

• Posted

My honest advice is do not go cold turkey. I would gradually lower your dose over a period of weeks. Cold turkey coming off tramal is awful. Sorry I can't be more positive, but that is my honest advice. Good luck.
    • Posted

I wish now that it were an option. However, i am all out of pills so cold turkey is my only option.  sad
    • Posted

Could you go back to your gp and explain the situation? Then maybe they would issue you with some for weaning you off. Alternatively, I have heard some people have been able to obtain a few from accident and emergency.
    • Posted

You may be right. I guess my fear is that if they did give me some to get me off Id just abuse those too. I'll keep pushing cold turkey I suppose
    • Posted

Yeah, if you are likely to do that then cold turkey is the only option. When I weaned myself off them I REALLY hated what they were doing to me and the second I realised I was addicted I just HAD to get free, so taking more was not an option for me. I still have a large pack of them somewhere and I would never touch them again. But the good thing about tramadol cold turkey is it doesn't last as long as many other drugs. I think the worse is over in around 3 days, then it's onwards and upwards. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hello I would say come out slowly that what I'm doing know 
    • Posted

Unfortunately i am all out of trams and cold turkey is my only resort.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you are having to do this on your own and my heart goes out to you. If you have a chance please read my post from a while back on quitting this drug cold turkey. The amazing comments from fellow members of this forum helped me get through though this awful time. I suffered terrible side effects and mood swings but they did eventually subside and I found I was in control of my emotions once again. I'm now a couple of months down the road and actually have a light heart and a smile on my face and all tramadol free. Good luck my friend. You will feel better I promise x
    • Posted

Omg you don't know how much you reply has helped. It's especially hard when you don't have anyone here to help you through this so reading your comment made me feel like there was someone out there who understands and is behind me and that truly makes it a little better. I will definitely go back and look at your post. Thank you so much.
    • Posted

I'm pleased if it has helped. I remember writing on here thinking I was a complete and utter freak and really expected everyone to tell me how stupid I was. It was quite the opposite and I was overwhelmed with the support and advice I was given and it made me realise I was not alone. This site really was my lifeline for a while.
    • Posted

Hi Kate, I've just read your thread and

Can I say you are an amazing woman and how hard that must of been.......

So brave! A huge well done 😊

Kate. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.