Dry sore fingertips

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

i have dry sore fingertips on some fingers is this to do with polycyheamia, also sore wrist joint on left arm. This is all new to me hope someone can help.

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Doubtful Gary. I've hadPCVfor over 10 years and I attribute most of my pains to old age.Poor circulation could be contributory but mine is controlled with aspirin and amlodopine for blood pressure.
  • Posted

Gary,

I don't recognise the sore wrist, but when I first was diagnosed with PRV and was in hospital I did find the skin on my finger tips seemed to get very thin. So I found it difficult to grip or turn things with fingers, without making them store.

Nigel

• Posted

Hi Gary,

I have had polycythemia for close to 30 years and have found that my joints get very achey.  If I lift anything at all heavy the next day my joints are very sore.  My joints ache more at night when I am in bed.  I have started taking Panadol Oesteo which do help.  I suffer from terrible itching and I think that because I tense up and contort my body that puts pressure on my joints.  I have swelling in my finger joints, which are very sensitive if I bump them.

Regards Dianne

• Posted

Hi Gary

I am 45 and have only been diagnosed with PRV in the last 3 months. It was good to read your post as I have had a really painful left wrist as well and was not sure if it was to do with PRV or not. I am slowly learning what is involved with this condition and how varied the symptoms can be.

• Posted

I've been amazed at the variety of symptoms, treatments and ages of people with this.  My haematologist told me it was rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.