Fragmin injecions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Due to have a tonsillectomy on Tuesday, I'm temporarily off the Warfarin, and giving myself daily Fragmin injections. Just wanted to reassure anyone that's in a similar position that I have been very pleasantly surprised at how easy and painless it is. You really can't feel a thing except a slight stinging as the drug disperses. However, for anyone that feels they really couldn't cope with doing it themselves (if you're needle phobic, for example) I was told that I had various alternatives; I could go to my doctor's surgery and have it done, go to the hospital clinic, or if neither of those were possible, a visiting nurse could be arranged.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Whoops! Typo alert!  I meant 'injections', of course!
  • Posted

Well done Lucy for reassuring people in the same position.I had to do that for weeks at the beginning and end of my pregnancy,and for pituitary surgery.Gill
  • Posted

Hi Lucy,

Glad to hear you are brave enough to inject yourself.  I was in a similar position re needing injections about 3 years ago.  Unlike you I just could not do it!  District Nurse came in and did it for me.  Excellent service and yes, they (the injections) only sting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.