Pls help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

im under the age of 15 and worried i have PCOS! i have read the symptoms and i think that most of them apply to me but im really scared and dont know how to tell my mum?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi el14850, if you think you have it it's something that needs addressed, tell your mum you're concerned, you do need to find out if you have it so u can discuss the appropriate way to treat it, tell you mum and go to the doctors x
    • Posted

Thank u so much for ur reply, i really appreciate it, im just not sure how to tell her? X
  • Posted

Sweetheart just sit down with your mum and explain your symptons and what you have read on here and that you are scared it could be PCOS. I was 13 when I started my periods and I had problems even then. My periods were never regular and always painful. I was in my 20's when I was diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. I'm now 44. It is something that won't just go away and the longer you go without telling your mum, the longer you will be worrying about it. I'll bet it's keeping you awake at night. If and only if you do have PCOS, then the sooner you see the doctor, the sooner they can talk to you about various treatments, if you need it. When I was your age, PCOS wasn't something that was easily recognised, now it is and there is so much more treatment and help out there. You have nothing to worry or be embarrassed about. You could be worrying over nothing. Your mum will be glad you told her.

All the best sweetie.

Jo x

• Posted

Thank you so much, youve really helped xx
  • Posted

Hi El

I've been wondering how you are. Hope you don't mind me contacting you.

Did you speak to your mum and/or go to the doctor?

Hope you are okay.

Take care

Jo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.