Spotting but no period

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello 

Just some advice needed. I'm 34yrs. Have been off the pill since November (after 10 years) and have had a period pretty much on time every month since. I've also been taking Metformin x3 a day for 10 years. My last period started on 15th Feb and I haven't had one since, was supposed to have one around 8 days ago. Have been feeling premenstrual for over 2 weeks so was convinced it was coming. I went to a wedding last weekend so wore a tampon in case it started. Went to the toilet and noticed that there was a very small amount on blood at the very tip (sorry for the detail!) so thought it was the start of the period. Have been wearing tampons since (4 days later) and they've been completely clear, not a sign of any period. Am now annoyed as I thought at last my periods are regular, but now nothing except for this small spotting a few days ago. 

Has anyone else had spotting when their period is due? My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex but I highly doubt I'm pregnant. I don't have any other signs of pregnancy and I'm convinced I can't get pregnant. I'm assuming there's either something wrong, or my periods are now getting messed up again. Any advice is much appreciated! smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie,

Have you done a pregnancy test? i too thought I was never going to b able to have kids and I did lol

• Posted

I've just done one. The line showed but was quite feint. Not sure what this means! Eeek! 
    • Posted

Two lines showed one dark and one feint? If so this could mean you are very early pre eeek exciting xx
    • Posted

Yes 2 lines! Just did a digital one and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks!! I'm in complete shock!! xx
    • Posted

Well a huge congratulations!!!! Don't get too excited just yet tho u have a way to go till 12 weeks but I must say I'm quiet jealous lol xx
    • Posted

Thanks Emma! I know it's a long road to go yet, trying not to get too ahead of myself. The test this morning said 2-3wks so will make an appointment with the Doctor. Good luck to you too! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.