Blood Pressure Medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I might have to take medication for high blood pressure. I'm

taking Plaquenil and have read that there could be an interaction with

some blood pressure meds. and Plaquenil. Does anyone know of a safe

one that I could take with the Plaquenil?

Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Cloch, you need to tell the doctor prescribing the blood pressure medication what else you're taking. He/she will know whether or not it's safe.
    • Posted

I will do lilly, I just like to inform myself on medications, he got something wrong once.

Thanks for replying lily.

• Posted

Hi Cloch,

I was already taking 5mgs of Amlodipine Besylate (Norvasc) once a day when I started my Plaquenil So far no problems.

Good Luck,

Sally

• Posted

Hi Cloch I take Perindopril and have been taking Plaquenil for years and I have not had a problem. I had a heart attack about 5 years ago and no problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.