Ovarian Cyst 23 cm ( 9.5 inch )

Posted , 62 users are following.

An ultrasound scan has detected a big 23cm ( 9.5 inch ) ovarian cyst. I am 62 years old have no pain but a very large swollen stomach, Has anyone had such a large cyst or had a cyst at my age? If yes please let me know how the surgery went. My surgeon is treating my case as urgent and tomorrow I go for a MRI scan with surgery to follow asap.

9 likes, 155 replies

155 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I had a overian cyst when I was in my early 30's , it was a ' big un'

It had over 10 litres of liquid in it and went from the ovary to just below my ribs! (I think it was sized in feet rather than cm's)

I like you had no pain but a very big tummy

The surgery was ok, and the results were instant!

Mine op was done in a rush too....I had been fobbed off by my G.P with the usual like 'your putting on weight' ' your pregnant'

I think maybe its better to have it all done quick, then there's no time for anything to sink in or to worry too much.

You don't say if you have any on going problems?,

Any surgery takes its toll, but you will be far better rid of that cyst and that tummy....so go for the appointments and follow their advice x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Simone

Could you let me know how long your surgery took.

How long you were in hospital and did you need pain killers after surgery.

I am pushing the hospital for earlier appointments, so things are moving quite quickly for me as I have been given cancelled appointments for most visits. Its 4 weeks since I first visited my doctor and I am pleased how things are progressing.

My cyst also reaches to just under my ribs and I think it may be full of water too. I look about 5 months pregnant and it has only taken about 3 months to get to this size. The first couple of months I just thought I was perhaps eating too many cakes and chocs. So I went on a diet lost weight but my stomach continued to grow bigger. It was only then I thought there may be a problem.

Anyway glad you are over your treatment and hopefully fully recovered. Although I am 62 I go to the gym regularly, go to yoga and am the fittest person I know regardless of age ( except for kids ). So I don't anticipate any problems post surgery.

• Posted

Hi

I think as I recall the surgery was about 4 hours,

but it felt really quick, I remember having the pre op, drifting off then waking up again in recovery

To be honest pain wise it was very minimal,the nurses wanted me to use a bedpan but I was having none of that lol!...

when I got home, it was uncomfortable and I got tired but pain relief was there (panadol)

I didn't have a cathether like some others mention, and to be honest I would have argued the toss,as I they (in my opinion) can cause upset by the sensation just having them

I am sure you will be fine hun,just go with the flow and let them get that bigger out...

it is very worrying and frightening too ( I am not ashamed to say I was) but I have been there, and no the

examinations are not nice,and yep there's a scar (it fades) about 4 or so inches long,but I can say to you its ok.

You will go, you will have your op and in my case be home in 4/5 days and then once your back in your own home it will start to get better smile

let me know your progress, it sometimes helps to chat to someone who has "been there"...(I wish I had

someone to sound off)

Take care

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing. I just recently found out that I have a cyst the size of a golf ball on one side of my overies and on the other the size of of a marble. I am in consent pain and very drained, and yes, a big tummy.

Did your tummy feel hard ?

I am in my 40s and am concerned that my medicines might be a factor besides it being in our family.

don't know if I should be concerned or not...I have a referral in to see a OBGYN but waiting for my appt.

Any advice you could share I would appreciate it.

• Posted

Yes you are right it's good to have someone to talk to that has been there done that. The information you have given me has really helped and I appreciate it.

About an hour after my last reply to you I started to get a dreadful pain low down on my left side of my belly. I had to go to A & E because the pain grew worse over the hours and I couldn't walk unaided and was doubled up with pain. The hospital kept me in overnight for observation. The co-codamol pain killers they gave me worked after about 30 minutes but only dulled the pain a little. I was glad to be staying overnight as I knew they would give me a thorough overhaul. It was suspected that one of the many small cysts that are contained within the main large cyst had started to bleed or had twisted. Evidently my cyst contains no water its just a solid mass. I was advised this was not an emergency as such and the operation should only be carried out once all preliminaries are sorted. This way I get to be operated on by a surgeon and his team who have the experience and expertise to deal with a cyst of such a large size, otherwise I would be seen to by whoever was on that shift at the time.

I was sent back home last evening with lots of painkillers advised to manage the pain as best I can and wait the 10-14 days or so when I should be having the surgery. I met my surgeon and am happy with him as he was very knowledgeable about my case and didn't need to ask me much about myself as he had already read the notes. Also had a CT scan while I was there.

So hopefully I will get a call sometime middle of next week with my date.

Thanks again for your message XX

• Posted

Hello,

I had the exact same thing 24cm ovarian cyst (approx 9.5 inches)

I had this removed at the age of 50, I am now 52

I had a total hysterectomy. To remove the cyst they needed to cut me vertically. My scar although quite long has faded nicely.

It took me 3 months to totaly recover. These things are more common than you can ever imagine. Since my op nearly every woman I met has either had an ovarian cyst or knows someone who has. I also know someone who had one which weighed 13lbs and they can get even bigger than that.

I have had a small hernia op since which took a month to heal but apart from that I now feel very well.

I hope that you are receiving the right treatment x

• Posted

Hi Deborah, how are you feeling now? Did you have a post op appointment abd was the cyst benign?  X
    • Posted

Hi, no cancer was detected. I had a total hysterectomy, and like you I thought it  asensible decision as I would not want to facing more surgery later on or worrying about the increased risk of cancer or further cysts growing. I am very well. I did have a slight infection in my scar but these was easily remidied with topical cream, I believe these sorts of things are quite common. A year after I had the cyst remove I underwent surgery for an abdominal hernia, this too I understand is quite common after major abdominal surgery because the muscles etc have been cut and therefore weakened. The hernia op was very speedy and I recovered very quickly. I am now 54 and quite happy, fit and well. How are things with you?
    • Posted

Hi. I just found this forum. I have a 18 cm non solid(liquid filled) cyst on my left ovary. It will be removed by surgery method due to size. It was discovered at my annual check up. I am 53 and post menopausal (no cycles since 2012) and elected to do total hysterectomy. My question is did you keep your cervix? Do you have any urinary incontinence since having your hysterectomy? Thank you
  • Posted

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your reply. Glad your surgery was successful and your are now over the worst.

I am having my operation on Friday 12th July so only 5 more days to wait. My cyst has grown to 12" in length but the surgeon says it's no problem and it will be bigger by the time I have the operation. On my last visit I was told I would be having a hysterectomy at the same time. This is due to my age and the fast growth of the cyst, I was told there could be cancer. Not always, but if there is any cancer it would be in the womb, so better to take it out at the same time as the cyst. If not the cancer would spread in the 2-3 weeks it takes to have the cyst examined for cancer and If positive I would then need further surgery. I can see that makes sense, the only downside is my recovery will take a bit longer, but it's a small price to pay to be sure any cancer (if there is any ) is cut out asap.

I am looking ahead to the day after surgery, I'm sure I will feel as though I have been hit by a bus,twice, but at least I will be on the road to recovery.

Thanks again for your reply 13lbs wow, much bigger than a baby ! In fact more like twins.

Will write again after my op. XXX

• Posted

So glad you have your op arranged now. Just before my op, mine grew bigger. The strange thing was that before I was diagnosed I had no symptoms, as soon as I was made aware of it I felt it most of the time and could not wait for it to be removed. I was told the same as you and had to wait 10 days before biopsies had been done to rule out cancer. This was scary at first but I decided that what ever the outcome I would make the most of all that I had in my life, for how ever long I had, that put me at ease. I was fortunate.

Our bodies re amazing things, just take one day at a time and rest.

My friend with the 13lb ovarian cyst called it Mabel! she insisted on seeing it after the op but the consultant said no. She is a little execentric (a bit of an understatement).

Take care xxx

• Posted

Well my op was successful, cyst removed with total hysterectomy , my weight loss was a staggering 16lbs but part of that was the bits and pieces from the hysterectomy.

No one could give me the info I wanted concerning the actual weight of the cyst itself but it measured 11" X 10" X 5" , the surgeon said it was a prize winner!.

I have been told that there is no evidence of cancer but I will have to wait until I receive a letter confirming this.

It's a highly emotionally charged atmosphere in hospital with patients getting bad news about the possibility of cancer all around. It's also difficult to sleep as night nurses are working throughout the night to ensure everyone is OK. Overall my experience was good as I am recovering well and I am better for coming home, on the 3rd day after the op.

I can honestly say I had no pain whatsoever in hospital, nurses made sure of this, but you cannot underestimate the benefits of getting back home to your own surroundings.

Anyone going through this need not worry as nurses and doctors do all they can to ensure you are at all times pain free, their kindness and professionalism was outstanding. Very humbling.

• Posted

Hi ann208 so glad your cyst was benign,  were you given any indication after the op before your post op? Did the consaultant come round to the ward and speak to you after op? My mum just had a major op and total hysterectomy. Similar to yours they suspect cancer but, its been 2 weeks post op and no sign of any news. 
  • Posted

Hi,

Really glad your op went well and yes I remember those sleepless nights in hospital, women crying etc the bright lights and the sound of swishing curtains...but gee it was great to get back home. The weight loss can be a plus! don't think that I had ever lost so much weight in such a short time. We are so lucky to be born in this century and in a country with such good medical care.

Take care

• Posted

I wish everyone who is about to have or recovering from an op all the very best. In brief, I have been telling anyone who would listen for 18 months that my weight gain has been a) very rapid and b) left my whole abdomen feeling as tight as a drum. I have never been pregnant but imagine that I looked and felt like a woman on the eve of giving birth. But, as many of you will know - if you're fat it's all down to you and it's your fault. However, I was diagnosed last week with a 42 cm cyst containing possibly 30 litres of fluid (this six weeks after being put on the list for a CT scan). They've drained off 13 litres (fastest weight loss in the west - 2 stones overnight) and now I'm waiting for an op to remove it. What I am concerned about is that I have been told I am to have a complete hysterectomy (I am in my late 50s and post menopausal). Noone has consulted me about this, not told me why it is necessary. It is so big and massy they can't even tell for definite whether it is indeed an ovarian cyst.

The question I have for anyone out there who knows is - clearly I'm not looking to have a child. But I have always understood that the ovaries to go on producing some helpful hormones after the menopause (I'

m thinking of prevention of osteoporosis/skin quality etc). If I'm not right about this then I guess there's no argument for leaving the other ovary etc in place. But I have looked for hours on websites and cannot find an answer. Obviously I plan to ask the gynae surgeon, but it seems clear that questioning is not expected!!! Can any one help??

Thanks

Ruth

• Posted

I have a fluid filled 30cm cyst. I was dianosed with breast cancer new years eve last year 12/31/15.I couldnt do the breast mri because it was excruciatingly painful to lay on that table. I asked several techs and drs why they thought it hurt my tummy so bad. None had an answer. I showed them how hard and big my tummy was and the only reply was sometimes fat is hard like that. Because im over weight no one caredto do an ultrasound to check if there was some other problem. I know i asked 5 different drs. about it. I just had a double mastectomy nov 7th and have to recover rom that before tacking this cyst. Have yiu ever known anyone who got such a large one removed laprosopically? It is fluid filled.
    • Posted

Hi, I have a fluid filled ovarian cyst that can't be far short of the size of your cyst. It's so uncomfortable isn't it! Can't reach my feet or bend to reach the floor and sleeping is a challenge in itself!

?I have had a CA125 test, MRI with dye, x2 ultra sounds and a doppler last week to rule out DVT due to the immense swelling of my feet, toes, ankles and legs Argh.

?Results came back definately non cancerous and no DVT...now i'm waiting for my op date to remove this beast. Should be first or second week in Jan but am on the cancellations list as well. I've never looked forward to surgery so much in my life! lol

I think it is growing some more as I'm getting like a muscle ache pain just under my ribs and it's miserable.

?I had my GP call me when the results came through to tell me what a relief all is ok and that she'd never seen such a big cyst before. lol  Guess we're making medical history with these beasts!

?I'm scheduled for an abdominal incision from (I think) belly button down and they're removing the ovary and tube as well. Originally the consultant said I would need a full hystorectomy but after the MRI was done they decided that wasn't necessary, plus I pleaded my case to keep the one ovary, womb and cervix because I didn't want to be thrown into menopause early. I believe the cyst will be drained some and then removed.

?I hope you recover from your mastectomy swiftly and can have the cyst dealt with. x

• Posted

I'm so glad yours is non cancerous. I sleep in the recliner since I had the lumpectomy Feb 1st My surgery is set for January 24th and they for some reason don't want to drain mine. Where are you getting

operated on at? I'm go I g to Emory in Atlanta. Still recovering from the mastectomy, got the last drain out a week ago and it is slow healing! I dread another surgery with drains sad My cyst hasn't bothered me for

several weeks now. Knock on wood!!!

• Posted

Ruth,

Im 50 and my cyst in 22cm.  My surgeon is talking about total hysterectomy including the ovaries.  Now I have the same concerns about not keeping the healthy ovary since it can continue to produce beneficial hormones, lower the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis prevention, etc.  I am wondering whether you had both ovaries removed or you kept one ovary?  if you can share your experience, quality of life issues?  Thank you.

Nina

• Posted

Hi Nina

My situation is very similar to yours I am 49, my cyst at last scan was smaller than yours at 17 cm, I have been told it is most likely benign but cancer can't be completely ruled out until it has been tested post op. I have been given a choice of removal of the cyst and the ovary it is attached to or total hysterectomy so that if it does come back as cancer I may avoid the need for further surgery. I am worried about having the total hysterectomy as a 'just in case' when they have said most likely benign.

Could I ask what did you decide?

Hope whatever you are well on the road to recovery.

Sam

• Posted

Hi Sam, I'm 50. I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst, had ultra sound, MRI with contrast, CT scan and OVA tumor marker blood test.  OVA-125 blood test came out normal. MRI and CT scan was inconclusive.  OB/GYN referred me to a GynOncologist.  There was a time lapse between all these tests, results and then to the GynOncologist so my cyst was 26cm at surgery.  I had not received a reply from others so I researched on my own on the benefits of having 1 ovary versus "0" ovary. So prior to surgery, I'd expressed to my oncologist the desire to keep the other good ovary if possible.  My hospital has a dedicated oncology building, piece of my inners were sent downstairs to pathology where they sliced, diced and examined while during surgery and the oncologist was between floors with the pathologist.    I had a 10in abdominal vertical incision since the cyst was the size of a bowling ball, I also had fibroid growing in and outside of the uterus. So in the end, my 1 good ovary was retained but everything else and the appendix came out.  My cyst was a mucinous cystadenoma which grows rapidly and big; approx 1 cm/wk in my case.  Also I just received the official pathology report and the results were benign.  I was in the hospital for 4 days; now 2 weeks home and no onset menopausal symptoms and less 20lb.   Good luck and keep in touch.

Nina

• Posted

Hi Nina

Fantastic news that your results were benign. Hope everything else with your recovery is going well.

I am really struggling with the decision as to whether to have it all out, having said that it is what the consultant has recommended and he is a gynaecological oncologist so he must know more than me!

I too will have to have a vertical incision because of the size of it and part of me thinks why risk another op. But although I know menopause is coming soon anyway surgical menopause sounds grim. Consultant told me it would take two weeks to confirm benign/cancer then if cancer they wait until 6 weeks post op to then go in again. And just to add to it all my CT results showed an enlarged lymph gland in my chest and I don't know yet what the implications of this are.

Have to make a decision soon though my surgery is on Monday.

Thank you for replying it helps to be in touch with someone in similar circumstances.

Hope you are already feeling better after your results.

Sam

• Posted

Hi Nina

Been thinking about your situation since I sent my last reply. I have a pre op appointment tomorrow and I am going to ask about the possibility of keeping my good ovary. If it is possible doesn't make sense to lose it and the benefits it will potentially give if I don't have to.

Sam

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I had my cyst out on Jan 24th. What they thought was one huge 30cm cyst on my right ovary was actually two huge cysts, one on each ovary! They didnt discover this until i was actually cut open! The cysts had totally encapsulated each ovary. One weighed 7 pounds the other weighed over 5 pounds. The obgyn wanted to cut me vertically but I had a plastic surgeon remove my pannis (like a tummy tuck) and he said there was no need to cut me vertically. Plastic surgeon went in first and cut off fat and left me open for the obgyn to do his part then plastic surgeon came back in and sewed me up. I have a c-section horizontal scar. This should also reduce risk of later hernias by being cut horizontally on bikini line. Thank God my cysts were benign!!! Oh yeah, the plastic surgeon only charged me $3100! I thought it would be way more than that! I had my surgery at emory in Atlanta, GA.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I did not want surgical menopause either and seems that there is an elevated risk of breast cancer with the HRT patch.  I hope you had informed the gyn oncologist of your decision.    It was initially determined through MRI/CT scan that there was sepsis on my cyst, so the next question was whether it had spread to other organs.  My oncologist had discussed what will occur during surgery and stated that he would be between floors with the pathologist so that I am not opened up 2x. My surgery was 4 hrs.

Pre-op diet wise, I own a nutrabullet so I made smooth on day 1 and on day 2, I bought the 360 clear vegetable broth from Whole Foods, which was tasty and then nothing after dinner to the next date for surgery. Unfortunately my surgery was for 1:00, best to schedule AM surgery.   I hope all goes well with surgery with benign cyst.

Nina

• Posted

Hi Carl

Sorry long time to reply, not felt up to doing much since surgery. Your cysts were huge! You must

have been so

uncomfortable and very glad to get rid of them!

Good they were benign. I do like your style getting a plastic surgeon in.

Hope you are now fully

recovered.

Sam

• Posted

Hi Nina

Sorry long time to reply. How are you?

Recovering well I hope. I am now three weeks

post op. After talking to

the consultant again I

decided to have both

ovaries removed. It was a difficult decision but in

the end I felt right for

me. Menopause not

great though! Can't have HRT yet. Also not had

results yet, be good to

know.

Sam

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I received the pathology report from the surgeon at 3-week check-up and a copy also came in via snail mail the next day.  My cyst was actually even larger at surgery, like a bowling ball at 26 cm. I started getting itchy at 5 weeks and my skin feels very sensitive where I am getting different sensations when the fabric from clothes is touching the skin, sometimes its goose pimples or other times it's a tickling sensation. It's relating to the nerve ending. I returned to the office yesterday 7 wks post op; it was challenging as I was tired by the afternoon.  Then I'll be off to Bali in 2 weeks on vacation. I had booked this trip back in March. I wasn't too sure I would be up to flying just a few weeks ago but I am going to see one of those natural medicine healers as I still have 1 good ovary. As an FYI, make sure to walk every day and increase by 5 minutes every few days. Once you start the estrogen patch, I think you'll need to have a blood test done periodically., make sure you have a dialogue about this with your doctor if he didn't bring it up.  

Nina

• Posted

Hi Nina

Sounds like you are doing well, which is good. Returning to work must be challenging I can't imagine going back three weeks from where I am now. 

I have had my results now and it was benign! So relieved and did have a moment of thinking I could have kept an ovary but it is done now and a lot of thought and research went into the descision so I don't actually regret it just feel a little sad. But the consultant was happy for me to start HRT two weeks earlier than he originally thought which I am pleased about no change in symptoms yet but it's early days.

I have just passed the four week mark and I am now getting strange prickling feeling around the scar so think that is my nerves. 

With regards to menopause I have been researching diet and anything that may help in terms of phytoeostrogens, I have been vegetarian most of my life so soya has always featured but found there are lots of other things as well. Liz Earle has a recipe for menopause cake! I know you have an ovary but thought it might be good anyway.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday I am sure that's just what you need.

Sam x 

• Posted

Hi Nina,

I was wondering if they saved ur uterus? U also said they saved your good ovary? Not just wanted to clear it up for me.

I'm having an 18cm ovarian cyst removed on 3/20. I'm scared to death. My CA 125 was normal and Ct scan indicated that the lymph nodes were also normal. 

I fear of this vertical cut the oncologist suggests as well as having a hysterectomy. I told him that I wanted my uterus and good ovary saved. I too have heard that ovaries still produces hormones well way after menopause. I'm 51 years old and am menopausal.

• Posted

I kept my good ovary but not uterus as there is no good reason to keep it. Dr will want a total hysterectomy. You have to make sure to communicate to him what you want to keep and that he is clear on your position. I declined any other morphine post surgery. No percoset. Got out of bed to go to the bathroom next morning. Told nurse to remove the catheter. I was in the hospital for 4 days, walked the hall every day. You will recover much faster. I kept my weight lost during 8 wk disability. Walk every day. Hold a pillow in front of belly on car rides, don't over indulge and you will be fine.

• Posted

Thank you so much! This helps me.  

Another question, did u have a vertical incision? Do you have ny other post op tips you suggestions? Thanks again! 

I really appreciate your input!

🙂

• Posted

Hi Alma,

Please excuse me for butting in but I want to tell you my outcome. My obgyn oncologist wanted to cut me diagonally to remove what appeared to be one huge cyst. When they got in it was actually 2 huge cysts, one on each ovary. I needed a total hysterectomy anyway because I'm BRCA2+. Plus I'm overweight. I went to a plastic surgeon who said he would do a dermal lipectomy (sp) and remove a nice layer of fat and that he would open me up on the bikini line and expose enough room for the obgyn to come in and do the hysterectomy and cyst removal without needing to cut me more. It was a total success and i am thrilled i dont have scars all across my stomach area! Leaves less risk of hernias later too. No, insurance wouldnt pay but the plastic surgeon's charge was $3200. It was well worth it and im so glad i consulted with him! If you can consult with one. I was shocked it was not much more expensive. I was able to use the plastic surgeon and obgyn that worked at the same hospital and they conferred with each other and agreed to do it jointly so to speak. The plastic surgeon opened me up, cut off spare tire, exposed the area the obgyn needed to get ot and after the obgyn was finished the plastic surgeon came back and closed me up. I had very little pain even though i was cut from hip to hip. I stayed ahead of the pain with the oxycodone and ibuprofen.I too was so scared but then i remembered... you go to sleep.... wake up and its all over! wink  Good luck to you.

• Posted

I had a 10in vertical incision up to my chest just under the bra line because my cyst was huge and to get a glimpse of other areas. My MRI n CT scan was suspicious. OVA was normal. I was not overweight pre-growth so after removal of my inners and the huge cyst, I was back to my normal size. Another thing is that to let the surgeon know if you don't have anyone at home to care for you; otherwise, you will be discharged early. My obgyn had referred me to see a gynecological oncologist who performed the surgery. That was how I explained it and asked to be released on Friday evening or Sat.

• Posted

Carla, Alma has to have the vertical cut due to the size of the cyst, no bikini line. The skin needs to be clipped to the side for the oncologist to see the surrounding area.
    • Posted

Thank you so much Carla! I really appreciate it! All the comments and suggestions make me feel more at ease!
    • Posted

Thanks again, Ian definitely taking notes from all of you!

Glad I found this website/blog!

I feel like you guys are my friends and huge support system, since u have been through this before! 

Anymore more helpful tips would be great!

• Posted

Alma, another very important subject. Ask the aide for more white surgical underwear. She had gave me towels , a bucket and a pack of 3 of those underwear the next day after surgery. I found them to be comfortable, light and stretchy, no elastics. I asked for another pack of 3 to bring home before my discharge.
    • Posted

Sorry, not trying to dispute that, but her cyst is 18 cm. Mine was 30 cm. So mine was actually a lot bigger. The OBGYN oncologist is the head of the dept at Emory, and HE was surprised at what the plastic surgeon was able to do in exposing the area for him. He was very impressed with the outcome and so was I.
    • Posted

You probably done your due diligence for sometime in picking out a qualified plastic surgeon. I could see the combined liposuction/hysterectomy being effective on a larger woman. Do you mind sharing how dramatic was your change, normal size previously to size now?
    • Posted

No, I don't mind. It was not liposuction though. I had a panniculectomy, which is surgical removal of the pannis. I lost 15 pounds of lower belly fat and 14 pounds combined weight of two cysts. For a total weight loss of 29 pounds.

• Posted

Correction, that was 12+ pounds of cysts for a total weight loss of 27 pounds.
    • Posted

hello Nina! my situation is similar to yours and would love some advice. They asked if i would like to have my

(healthy) uterus removed to avoid issues later. i have a 12 cm cyst on one ovary that they will remove, the other ovary is ok.

Did you end up having your uterus removed?

thank you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.