Swelling after hydrocele surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an operation on my right testicle to remove a hydrocele a month ago.The surgery went well with no problems and is healing up nicely. The issue I have is the swelling on right side of the scrotum it's about the size of a small chickens egg. I have been back to my GP and he feels this will go down in time as it has not got bigger and Is not painful. Is this normal and how long does it take for this internal swelling to go down.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes have same op ten days ago scrotum big swelling bruised worse than original hydrocele that was painless hope it goes and seems common to men had this done ?
  • Posted

Hey what did the doctor said? I had an operation 1 month ago but still there is small swelling (smaller when compared to pre op).Is this normal?
  • Posted

I had surgery 3 wks ago and my swelling is as big as the hydrocele was before the operation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.