memory loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

so the question is, do statins cause memory loss? sorry, what was the question again? answered myself methinks......

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Statins can cause a number of things.  Not taking statins can cause a number of things too.  It's a lose lose situation.  Have a great evening.

Alex

• Posted

it's a vicious circle is'nt it? "curing" one problem can lead to a myriad of unpleasant unwanted side effects, I shudder to think just what 30 years of statin taking has done to me! the fight goes on......
  • Posted

Ha Ha David .....I love your sense of humour!!

The one thing that keeps me going too is my sense of humour;>>))

And my two dogs of course....lol Now they ARE my real reason for living.

Seriously though -as for memory loss  - if anybody has any doubts - just read the book "Lipator the Thief of Memory"...and be grateful if you haven't suffered.... It must be so distressing.

Luckily I have all my marbles - I just can't roll them.... thanks to statins...GRRR!

• Posted

It's good to laugh Alz, my wacky humour keeps me sane, although that sounds a contradiction in itself! I've forgotten, are you the gent lives over Aberdeen way? Spent a few years as a bairn in Kincardineshire as was, between Inverbervie and Stonehaven, although if you do'nt live there it's pointless me saying that wink
  • Posted

So you're a Kincardine loon are you...LOL  Well I'm actually an old Grampian gal myself and know old Stoney very well indeed!!!

However I am in my 70's and can wander round the old town and not know a soul nowadays.....they are all "in-about-comers".......hardly a kent face among 'em!

I had a friend and neighour who lived until she was 106 and who lived alone - when she was asked what her recipe for her longevity was - would say brightly "A plate of porridge in the morning and a sense of humour for the rest of the day"..nae a bad mantra - lol

• Posted

oh my, do'nt know why, but I kinda thought you were a male of the species, how wrong was I, sorry! I'm not a Kincardine loon as it happens, just spent a few years there as a kid, Tod Head lighthouse near Kinneff where I attended primary school, my dad being a lighthouse keeper. I was born in Caithness, Dunnet Head, and now in my old age live once again in Caithness, but as a bairn we moved all over Scotland to various lighthouses, quite an interesting childhood. Hey I have a bowl of porridge most mornings and my sense of humour is never far away, so there's hope for me yet, 106, wow!cheesygrin
    • Posted

I'll bet you weren't  in the Bell Rock lighthouse off Arbroath ha ha   I am actually related to RLS the Stevenson of which was responsible for building most of the lighthouses round the UK.    There is a fantastic website about the Bell Rock and no doubt you're familiar with it but it is a very good friend of mine who runs that website..... Sadly most of the lighthouses are of course automatic nowadays.....but it must've been a very lonely existence for the "off shore" keepers.sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.