Large fibroid

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies!! I see I'm not alone here. Sorry for all of you because this stinks. I am very scared. I did have an ultrasound on Saturday and they found one large fibroid and 2 small ones attached to it.

I don't bleed because I'm on the pill. I am on a pain patch for chronic pain and no doubt it's helping subside the pain. I have a lot of discomfort, sharp pains on the left side and most of all I am bloated. I also noticed the back of my legs hurt sometimes as well as my neck more then normal (that is my chronic pain). I was wondering is this due to the fibroid especially the bloating? I sorta look pregnant. Also I noticed yesterday I didn't eat all day until 4pm saving my appetite. I took a couple of bites and felt full instantly. Is this part of this too? I won't hear back from the doctor for awhile and I'm nervous and need to talk about it.

Thanks in advance!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

O yeah..the bloating is for sure from the fibroid..I've had mine for 5 or 6 years...fibroids can cause fatigue too...They totally suck!!
    • Posted

Ok then it explains a lot. My pants are tight. Thank you. I hope you will get some relief.
    • Posted

I do find myself more tired then normal so I guess that is a reason as well. Having hysterectomy is not what I want but we will see what they tell me.
  • Posted

Hi Debbie.

Can i just ask you how large your fibroid is.I have several(don't know how many) My largest one is 20cm.I don't get pain but i am quite bloated but this has been for ages as i also suffer IBS.I have been on injections to shrink the fibroids ready for my hysterectony tomorrow.They were going to try embolisation but felt that this wouldn't be the answer.

Take care

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

I don't know the actual size but she showed me on the screen and it's quite large. I was shocked. It's bigger then an orange I know that.

I wish you luck tomorrow!!! I will say some prayers for you.

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

I have multiple fibroids and will be having y hysterectomy in a couple of days, my tummy also looks pregnant and my consultat says my uterus is the size of a sixteen week pregnacy. I do hope you get them sorted as soon as possble. I have felt tired and bloated for ages now so looking forward to a new me soon.

Take care

Nikki smile

• Posted

Hi Nikki!

Good luck to you with your surgery!! I hope you'll feel better.

I had fibroids a year ago for my yearly exam but they didn't worry about it then.

My doctor could not move my uterus at all this time during the exam and that isn't normal. I was in pain for hours after that. I called to ask the size but I was told I'll get a call this week.

• Posted

Hi.

I have just been seen by my gp who told my womb is also the size of a 26 week pregnancy, I am waiting for a scan appointment to come through. Worried sick it's more than fibroids tho.

Hope your operation gives you the relief I think we all need

• Posted

so sorry to hear my love, sending light your way i know how you feel..

I dont have bleeding either just sharp stomach pains all the way to my back..I have 7... 8cm being the largest.. "the pill" is that birth control? if so.. they have estrogen in them which the fibroids feed of off so you may want to consider a different method of contraception xox

good news is they are not cancerous.. so keep positive and keep your chin up we are all here xo.

• Posted

Hi Paige and thank you!!

Yes, the pill is my birth control because my cycles were getting worse and this helped.

The tech did mention that my pills may need to be changed.

That is great news to hear.

I just wish I asked how big it was.

Same to to you smile xo

• Posted

Yes- have all the same symptons.  Mine has increased rapidly the since New Year.  Today especially feeling rubbish.  Hope you get an answer soon.  Keep ringing if you dont hear anything
    • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Mine did the same over a year....grew, but I agree with what Paige said and the tech, my dosage should change. If you too are on the birth control pill that could be a reason for yours to enlarge as well.

Thank you!! I will give until tomorrow to hear back then I'm calling.

• Posted

Hi debbie

I had an embolisation done in 2012 mine was size of cricket ball and sitting over my bladder. .pain in lower bk, pains down my left leg n feeling tired all the time. It worked for the cricket size one it melted it down. But now bk in November after getting right hip pain for 6 mths m lower bk pain again. I put it down to the gym 3times a week but I was putting on weight . After a scan I have now a new fibroid on the inner front wall of the uterus after much thought I have oppted for a hysterectomy. Has I went on the early menopuse after the embolisation at 46 yrs old. Try to take ibuprofen this I'm told helps relieve the pain when the fibroid swells n helps reduce the swelling.But not the growth of the fibroid has that's hormones.

Hope you are able to sort your pain come to a decision that your happy with.

• Posted

Hi Kizzy

Wow, you've been through a lot. I'm so sorry!! Once they explain everything and the options it will hopefully be a bit more clear.

I am 42. I don't know what they will have in mind.

Thank you for your help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.