TTC for 3 years :/ been referred to fertility clinic anyone in the same position???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I'm 22 years old and was diagnosed with pcos at 17 I have been ttc for 3 years only just been referred to a fertility clinic got my first appointment on 9th April anybody in the same position as me and could enlighten me and what's to come???? Thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

If you are trying to get pregnant Some doctors can put you on medicine to make you ovulate  or else you can do IVF. Have you been trying to get pregnant?
    • Posted

Yeah I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years and had no luck rolleyes they have referred me to a fertility clinic I got my first app this Thursday
    • Posted

@beckii26 - how did the appointment go ? What did the consultant say .am also trying to get a referral from my Gp . So I can know what to expect
    • Posted

Yeah it was ok but iv had high blood pressure for years so they have got to change my tablets before I can get any treatment rolleyes how long have you pcos?
  • Posted

Hi again have been thinking about you thought I would come check and see if your appointment went well?
    • Posted

Yeahh nt too bad but iv got high blood pressure so they gotta change my tablets first and then get referred again sad
    • Posted

I was diagnosed 3 years ago and have been on metformin every since. Which is supposed to help with ovulation I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 2 years and I am finally pregnant with my first. I am 11 weeks right now. I do believe the metformin helped
    • Posted

Aww congrats smile and there 2 two types you can have metformin and clomid hopefully i don't have to wait too long iv been trying for 3 years sad
  • Posted

I was in the same boat and referred to fertility clinic where i was put on clomifene however I had bad side effects and came off it soon after.  One year has passed and have just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant - naturally!  My problem now is I am terrified of miscarrying as apparently people with pcos have a much higher rate.  Kind of ruining my happiness with worry ! Wont get my scan for another 6 weeks, dont know how Im going to cope having to wait that long !
    • Posted

Aww congrats smile how long was you trying for? You shouldn't worry to much I know it's hard not too but it will not help you sad
  • Posted

Hey, Im 21 been ttc for nearly 2 years got told i had pcos when i was 19 just been referred to fertitly treatment myself had all the scans and blood tests and x-rays to try and rule out other things.

Been given metoformin which hasnt done much.hoping get the go ahead for clomid to be taken with it then it might!

Been told I have a laid back uterus and tubes are fine and lining is good been told today at a 21 day cycle scan lining is at 11.4 but small follicules so no ovulation.. curretnly waiting for a phone call back for the next stage of treatment.Hopefully with the go ahead for clomid.. fingers corssed here.. 

It is all good and it does take a few months doing all the tests.. I hope your test go well.

I have been told there are three options for treatment the first one is clomid which they tell you to take from day 2-6 of your period which they hope stimulate ovulation, the next one is insemantion just get partners sperm to the right bit and hope it fertilses a egg this one is closley watched by nurses they need to get it at the right time of your cycle and the last one is one course of IVF.

Wish you all the best .. I know it is difficult and very stressful but once you get reffrerred things start happening .. Hope you dont have a long wait!

• Posted

Thanks for commenting back smile that's helped me a lot iv got high blood pressure too so try have to sort that out first before I can be referred again rolleyes x
    • Posted

That sucks because one of the symptom of pcos is high blood pressure, luckily it isn't that difficult to sort out smile mine was sorted in few months
    • Posted

I know it runs in my family and I'm on a high dose but they got to change my tablets so that I can try to conceive rolleyes been waiting way to long now got an appointment on 15th June to change my tablets so want it to hurry up smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.