me again!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all of you.   Feeling rubbish.  Another bad nights sleep last night- so far not looking good for tonight.  its 11.55- cannot get comfy- fibriod in way!!! seeing consultant on Thurs- mind keeps working over time at how long I will have to wait and also for what treatment.  have booked a holiday in Ibiza for our 30th wedding anniversary in June. worried about that. worried about how long will be off work.  Been off since 26-2.  Sorry. are these thoughts all normal. Had MRI scan so should get a proper answer on Thurs.  

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Michelle sweetie I am so sorry for what you're going through. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Good news is you're seeing the consultant and you will get some answers. Isn't there anything you can take for comfort? My goodness you've been off work all this time. If you don't mind me asking, is it due to your fibroid? If so that is much too long for you to be in pain. I'm here to chat if you need it. Hugs to you.

• Posted

taking mefanamic acid three times a day. strong co-codamol when needed- normally about 5ish then bed time. omeprazole for the heart burn.  i am a dispenser and never thought would be taking these myself.  yes been off due to fibroid. boots have been ok- but i just want to be free of pain and back to normal. 
  • Posted

First off congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I'm glad to hear that you will get some answers on Thursday and hopefully some options. I've been suffering with fibroids for quite some time now, but I'm trying all natural resources before my last resort which would be surgery. I hope you feel better and please keep us updated on your progress.
    • Posted

Hi. tried the natural route- but i think the main one was just growing too quick.  when i had the USS scsn in october it was grapefruit size.  but has defo grown since then. 
  • Posted

been having issues sleeping since my myomectomy - my back is aching so much. almost thursday !!! take a list of those question and get them answered as you will forget when you are there. At least you are all set as you have had mri scan-let us know how it goes as I would be interested what they see in the mri as i am due one soon also.
    • Posted

Hi again.  feel a little more human today.  think i may be able to leave the house.  how are you getting on?
  • Posted

Hi All. Just got back from hospital.  Mr P says I can have a UAE.  So so pleased. should get appoinment in a few weeks.  will be in for probably just one night. will  e done under local.  holiday should be fine.  anyone else any good news
    • Posted

That's good news Michelle!!!! I'm do glad you'll enjoy your holiday.

I "should" get my results today and find out everything.

Good luck with your appointment and keep us posted!

Debbie

• Posted

wow that is fast you will be getting appointment what great news. so happy that you ae on the road to treatment.

I did my first little walk out today, feel ok, but my stomach is numb in places which is an odd feeling. Driving is my next thing to try, its been 4 weeks since myomectomy, so should be ok to drive sooon

• Posted

its nice to get a bit of air especially on  a nice day. but take care to not do too much too soon.  we had lunch at our local pub today.  walked so hubby could have a beer.  we popped to sainsbury (which is on the way back).  i really cant walk very fast- a lady stopped at the zebra crossing then revved as i was slow!! Bl**@@y cheek!!!!
    • Posted

yeah i know, hubby has been nagging me not to do to much. I feel ok and am following the sheet hospital gave me about what i can do when following surgery. Hope you get your UAE date soon, so at least you know the date, sounds like you are in pain, hope you are managing to sleep better, have you tried a pillow in various positions like on your side back - might help. Not been able to sleep is the worst !
    • Posted

well last night i slept from 11.30-5.45. trip to loo then dozed another 45 mins. my best for ages.  feels so much better when you get some sleep. has the dr given you anything for pain?  especially somehting stronger just for night
    • Posted

got sent home with paracetamol, ibuprofen and cocodemol. Only took the paracetamol for the 1st week. During the day its more just being uncomfortable and trying to find clothes that don't sit on my stomach, so wearing dresses. During the night, I think i end up with back ache as i sleep on my side but not like normal but in a weird position so wake up then drift off. Hope you get another good nights sleep. I have been reading before bed, makes me really tired !
    • Posted

i am a compulisve reader. this has obviously helped!  slept for the last two nights. does make everything seem better. But then if you feel better it is too easy to do too much!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.