Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry to be a pest, but the people who have had surgery to remove their pituitary tumour, what size have your tumours been?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kimberly,

In 2001 I had surgery to remove a 13 mm tumor.  This past Feb the tumor was 5 mm.  The surgery really isn't very difficult. The most difficult part for me was not being able to breath out of my nose for a few days because of either swelling or packing.  You get a very dry mouth!  I Have acromegaly and along with that is daily headaches. The relief is pretty immediate in my experience. Then you have to be very careful for a few months after the surgery while you are recuperating.

• Posted

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I'm 19 and meeting my neurosurgeon today so I'm preparing myself for what he is going to say since they found out my tumour was 1.4cm in December, they mentioned they were considering surgery but that was in a letter so I'm going to wait and see what they say. Thank you x
  • Posted

Make sure that the surgeon who does the surgery is very experienced - like weekly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.