just started on Amitriptaline and Mirtazepine..are my side effects normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi..been taking for 3 days now..feeling tired and ringing in my ears..feel disconnected in a trippy way and like I'm stoned and drunk..but in a pleasant way! Anyone else experiencing/experienced these side effects?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had similar effects, but felt ill. I only lasted 4 days then gave it up. Putting up with pain at present, but feel better in myself. 
  • Posted

Normal side effects for Amitriptaline Will get better but takes 4-6 weeks to get for effect of the drug Been on them since last May started on 10mg up too 40 mg for long term chronic pain don't know about mirtazepine never taking them
  • Posted

Hi, I stopped amitriptyline after 2 weeks they caused ringing in my ears and it still hasn't stopped after 4 days without them. The GP said they weren't right for me.
    • Posted

Are you still having problems after 4 days of stopping it ? Have you seen your doctor again ?
    • Posted

Still ringing Marshall. I went to a party last night and the loud music didn't help. My hearing feels a lot more sensitive too. Very strange!!
    • Posted

That's not good My hearing has changed since I started too more sensitive as you said

CBT may help ask your GP if gives you any more trouble

• Posted

It's not bothering me too much to be honest. I just thought it would have gone by now if it was the amitriptyline
  • Posted

My experience is the effect was vile - I slept well but woke feeling I'd been hit over the head and sore also very bad mood, tired, groggy and they they had not done anything good for me at all.  I was given them as a pain killer but the pain seemed worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.