worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

I lost my baby dec 1 2014 due to huge fibroids as the docs said.

I was put in 3 months zoladex, it dint work as expected, now they put me on esmya for 3 months, i am one month down.

my worry is, i last had my periods last year ofcos before getting pregnant and they have never come back!

Anyone who knows how long they take? Cos am worried if i av hit full menopause with all these drugs

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nyawira

Sorry to hear of your lose these Fibroids are horrible blighters. I am at the moment taking Esmya before surgery to take my womb away. I have suffered with fibroids since 2009. I had the embolisation done fixed the first one. But this year another one was found. I felt I knew I was going to be blighted an be a never ending circle. Iv not read that it Esmya can put you on the menopause. Just thicken the lining of your womb. Could be the medication taken has effected your hormonal balance.

• Posted

hi, so sorry for your loss.

I took Esmya for 3  months and periods stopped during this time. One month after i had finished taking the esmya, my periods came back reguarly. Hope that helps, try not to worry its normal not to have periods when on these drugs.

• Posted

Hi Nyawira,

I had Zoladex for 4 months and it didnt make much of a difference to my friboids, I am now 1 week post op after a hysterectomy, I never had a period while on zoladex or for a couple of months after they finished, becase they put you into menopause it will tak a while for your body to come back to normal.

Hope this helps.

Nikki xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.